"Move your arse," I ordered and he skipped away. "God, you are so annoying," I mumbled as I locked the door and we walked over to the lift.

"You are not even denying it, wow. This has to be the best day of my life!"

"That's sad," I scoffed. "Imagine saying that. Wow. Couldn't be me."

"Why do you say that?" he asked. "Can I not be happy that the woman of my dreams is warming up to me again and is OK with me practically thinking she's my girlfriend?"

"I really don't understand what you see in me, that's why," I said as we stepped inside and watched the lift doors close once I pressed the ground floor button.

"I just think you are amazing and you make me happy. I don't see why that's so hard for you to grasp."

"I make you happy?" I snickered. "How? I always shit on you and argue with you. I don't see how that could make anyone other than me happy."

"Stop being so negative," he groaned. "You are funny and smart. You are different and interesting. You care, no matter how hard you try to deny it, I know you do. You are one of the most caring people I know."

"Alright-alright. If you want me to get in your bed, you just have to take me to yours and done," I laughed as I changed the subject. The nice things he said were getting too much and therefore made me feel uncomfortable. I didn't know how to handle the words, mainly because I didn't think those were true. "Also, this is so not the type of conversation to have in a lift."

"You also need to stop dodging my compliments and just accept them."

"One step at a time, handsome."

"Wait... I love when you call me that," he mumbled softly and I bit down on my lip as I walked out of the lift. That was such a random and honest confession. "Can you call me that more?"

"Can we not discuss this in public?"

"OK let's hurry to your car then," he said as he speed-walked away from me and I rolled my eyes.

He was cute. I liked him. I knew I should have stopped tiring him out because he did prove that he liked me and all but at the same time, I knew I couldn't fully do that. We already parted ways a couple of times and it was always through an argument. We said nasty shit to each other yet we acted like it never happened the next time we saw each other. It made no sense and it was toxic, like I said before. I felt like that was my fault. I triggered him in ways that would cause us to boil down to an argument. I didn't give in so he pushed until I was thin between him and the asphalt.

I sighed as I unlocked my white sports car and watched the man get inside. I followed closely and slammed the door shut once I was inside.

"So, I want us to be more than fuck buddies and I want us to be close again but without a contract over our head," he blurted as I reached for my seatbelt and stopped as the words settled on us. "I feel like I gave you time to get used to me and I think that you know me enough to know I won't cheat on you or hurt you."

"Yeah, I guess I do," I sighed. "Well, I don't know about the hurt part because when we argue, we do say pretty bad things to each other..."

"That's true and I guess kind of inevitable. But we can work on that," he explained. "I'm so easily fuelled when it comes to you because I find it frustrating that you are so cold towards me and sometimes make me feel like my words don't mean anything."

"Oh... I'm, umm..."

"I don't want to be a dick and hurt you by telling you but I want you to know, you know... I think it's important for us to communicate because we'll just end up in a massive shit storm and no one will be happy."