The slight growl rumbling in Jaspers chest meant that he didn't like the expression any more than she did but he said nothing, only looked down at her in wait of her response. Izzy grinned at him in reassurance before turning to Tyler.

"Honestly, I'd listen to Jasper if I was you." Izzy took a breath, ready to crush Tyler's expectations. "You're too persistent and can't take a hint. I don't like you, I'll never like you. Jasper is my boyfriend and he'll stay my boyfriend."

Izzy saw Tyler's face drop and felt a pang of guilt but it disappeared almost instantly. She had a feeling it had something to do with Jasper and his gift. The truth was that a blunt rejection was necessary for Tyler, nothing else seemed to work. He was a naive spoiled child, something he held in common with Emma, who was used to getting what he wanted. He needed to learn how life wasn't a handmade gift, it was whirlpool of hardships, letdowns and disappointment. You had to work for happiness and love. It wasn't handed down to you in a plate.

Jasper smirked at Tyler, tightening his grip on Izzy's waist. He leaned towards Tyler, his eyes holding victory.

"You heard her. Now don't come close to my girlfriend." Tyler turned back without a word and left them alone.

Since it was high school, naturally everybody knew before lunch. That had explained Emma's more venomous than usual looks. However she said nothing, Apparently the humiliation from last time still rang clear. Or maybe she just didn't get time since Jasper walked over to them halfway through and quietly sat next to Izzy. Jessica and Angela had identical smiles on their faces, meaning lots of questions for later. Out of all the boys only Eric really tried to engage Jasper into a conversation, though it was quickly found out that neither of them had anything in common. Yet Izzy still felt grateful for Eric's effort and Jaspers willing participation.

They spent the rest of the week like that, the couple alternating between the Cullens table and Izzy's friends. It worked out pretty well, especially with the Cullens once Izzy showed them how their secret made no difference by cracking vampire jokes. Infact she ended up making Emmet laugh so hard that the entire cafeteria looked at them strangely.

Jasper had invited her to his house to meet the entire family. Well maybe just his mother since she'd already met everyone else. This is what had led her to her current predicament.

Izzy sat amidst a pile of her own clothes, completely clueless on what to wear. Should she dress casual or formal. Maybe something in between, call her crazy but she really wanted to make a good impression on his mother. Moms were important. Nobody knew that better than Izzy. Finally after an hour of indecision, Izzy finally came up with an outfit.

It was plain but sophisticated, like Izzy wasn't trying so hard but still looked out together

It was plain but sophisticated, like Izzy wasn't trying so hard but still looked out together. No one else had to know the struggles she had been through with this outfit. She put on some soft curl in her hair and the appropriate amount of makeup required. She was don't in record time. Her mom was waiting downstairs for Jasper.