Chapter 1: Oops!

"I can't believe you're going to be writing porn," My dad said distastefully as he tossed my suitcase into the trunk of the car. My mom pegged him in the arm, shushing him.

"It's not porn, dad." I rolled my eyes, settling my duffle bag gently next to me as I climbed in the car. "It's called erotic literature, it's a form of writing you know."

"It's legible porn. Explicitly written sex." His face flushed as he got into the driver's seat. My mom giggled and looked over at me.

"He's just going a little nuts that his little girl is a grown woman."

"She just turned twenty two last week! She's still a kid!" Dad looked like he was going to pop from how red he was. "I don't think this job is right for you, Lucy."

"Oh, Robert lighten up." My mom defended. "She's good, she's really good at what she does."

"I am dad." I said as cockily as possible to add fuel to the fire. It was always fun getting my dad on edge.

"I don't want to know how or why she's so good at that." He mumbled and I muffled a chuckle and so did my mom.

"Relax dad, just avoid the magazine at all costs." I grinned evilly at him and he groaned.

Once we got to the airport I hugged them both goodbye with a knot in my throat. "Say hi to Cody from us and make sure you tell him to--"

"Call more often, I know." I smiled and wiped the tears from my eyes. "Don't worry guys, I'll come visit."

"Bring your brother too. He seems to have forgotten he has parents." Mom shook her head. I giggled.

"You know he's working hard and plus, he's living the life with his--" I pressed my lips in a line when my mom shook her head discreetly.

"Friends." I said quickly. My dad's jaw tensed and he gave me one last hug before dryly pulling away.

"Have a safe trip," he said and I nodded waving goodbye as I took off.

"Love you guys!" I shouted as I got further and further away from them.

See, my father never really got over my older brother Cody eloping with his boyfriend to New York. It broke my dad to learn his only son was gay. He was mad. He practically disowned him for a while until things got calmer with time and he slowly started to accept that Cody was much happier with a man than a woman. Although he has somewhat accepted it, Cody's sexuality was still a sensitive subject at home. I never blamed him for not wanting to visit.

The flight to New York went by quickly for me. I slept most of it. This was my second time coming here and it never seized to amaze me how there was just so many people living in this particular state. It was literally a sea of people wherever I went and as intimidating as it might look, I loved being part of the buzzing crowd.

I was just about to sit and wait for my brother when I heard my name being called out. I spun in place and it almost hurt grinning as widely as I did. Cody picked me up and hugged me tightly, his arms squeezing the air out of me.

"Jesus Christ you fucking blew up." I stepped back to take a good look at him. He shrugged and flexed briefly.

"Been working out."

"That's obvious." I scoffed, poking at this massive biceps. "You even lost your Justin Bieber hair," I teased, raising my brows at his nicely spiked doo.

"I thought it was time."

"You bet it was."

I had never laughed as hard as I did while he drove us back to his apartment. We cracked jokes and talked about family and friends he hadn't seen in a while and it was all great fun. I was still in shock that I'd be living with him from now on.