chapter one - kismet

you sat in the back of the car and looked out of the window. the rain splashed against it and the raindrops slid down like tears. the whole ride you were in kind of a paralysed state. normally your mind was screaming at you, but now everything seemed to be quiet. you were kind of nervous because you weren't used to that. it felt like something was wrong, even though this should not concern you, you should feel glad about it instead. you took a deep breath and tried to stay calm.

when you arrived at the beacon mental hospital, your parents got out of the car but you just sat there, didn't know what to do, what to think.
"(y/n), come on, get out of the car, we're already late because of the traffic," you heard your mother saying. "we talked about this before, it has to be this way and you know it. now come on."

you saw your father carrying your suitcase to the entrance and got out of the car. you stood in front of the giant statue. your psychiatrist said you need to go inpatient, she couldn't help you, nor could any other psychiatrist your mother tried to contact. everyone said you were a hopeless case.

i could make it if i run fast enough. but where to go? i don't have anyone.

you saw your mother walking towards you and you wanted to turn around, to go back, but it was as if not a single muscle in your body obeyed you. so you just stood there. "(y/n), they're already waiting for you." she took a hold of your arm and guided you to the entrance. when you entered the hospital, it was as if your mind was exchanged for another one. the thoughts began to creep back in, and there was nothing you could do about it.

your parents gave you your suitcase and told you to go the reception. you turned around and felt them leave the building. when you arrived at the reception, a nurse looked at you. "hello miss, how can i help you?". you just looked at her for a few seconds before you finally said something. "hello, my name is (y/n) (l/n). i'm here to-". you wanted to end your sentence but the nurse cut you off. "oh, miss (l/n), yes your doctor is already expecting you. please follow me."

you took your suitcase and followed her through the hallways until you reached a big door. station D2. she unlocked the door and motioned for you to come in. she started walking again as you inspected everything with a concerned look on your face. you didn't like this one bit. when you came by a window you looked into the room. there was a light haired boy sitting at a table, drawing something. next to him sat a man in white clothing, probably a doctor. you didn't know why but you couldn't move. you just stared at him, almost mesmerised. when you saw him lifting his head you wanted to turn around but you couldn't. his eyes met yours and you looked at each other for a few seconds until the boy turned his head to the side.

"miss (l/n)? are you coming?" you got out of your trance-like state and noticed that she was standing right next to you. "uh, y-yes, yes i'm coming." the nurse looked at the boy and back to you until she continued leading you to your room. you put your suitcase on the bed and looked around. "you can unpack everything later, please follow me." the nurse went out of the room and you followed her.

"leslie? is everything okay?" doctor jimenez gave leslie a concerned look. "did something happen? can you try to tell me?" but leslie just mumbled something and rocked back and forth. doctor jimenez sighed and took leslie back to his room. the young man waddled behind him. "bright... p-pretty..." he mumbled almost inaudible.