girlfriend problems

Benny and I just sat there and hugged for about 20 minutes. He looked at me and smiled, rubbing my back and rocking me back and forth.
       "What- what happened last night?" I managed to say. I remembered everything except passing out.
        "I was sitting outside and throwing the ball up to myself, and then I heard someone scream from the forest. I started running to see what was happening and then I saw you screaming again. I ran in and I saw the guy throw you on the ground and I punched his friends. I saw them also knock you out, which was the last straw; so I beat the hell out of them. Once they were all down, I ran and made sure you were still breathing. I untied you and I brought you back to my house. My mom helped me wash the blood off your knees and hands and we took care of you. Your mom knows you're here and safe, so does Connor," He let me put my head on his chest and I didn't take it off. "We can just stay here today, I know you probably don't want to go to the sandlot, all the boys know that you're here too, so"
        "Surprise, Addie!" All the boys yelled. I jumped and Benny put his arm around me to comfort me. All the boys crowded around Benny's bed and had something behind their back. Squints walked up to me and he gave me a new pair of black converse. I smiled and Benny pulled his arm away and I hugged Squints. Timmy and Tommy gave me a Aaron Judge bracelet, Ham gave me a green scrunchie, Bertram Gave me a tube of black nail polish, Yeah-Yeah gave me a pack of rubber bands, Smalls got me a new baseball, and DeNunez got me a pack of ankle socks that have a bunch of different colors. I hugged them all and thanked them. Benny looked at me and grabbed something from his pocket. He put around me a silver baseball necklace. I smiled and hugged him.
      "Thank you, you all made me feel better, you guys are like my second family," I said, I started crying and we all had a 'group hug'. I had only known these boys for 2 months and it felt like forever.
     We all walked outside and I ran inside my house so I could change quickly. I kept the necklace Benny got me on and I put on my black thrasher crop top and black shorts with the new converse Squints got me. I put my hair in a ponytail and ran outside. All the boys including Connor were out there. Once Connor saw me he ran towards me and hugged me.
      "I'm SO sorry Addison, I feel like a total jerk," he let go of me and inspected my hands. Both of them were now bruised and crooked.
       "I'm fine, Connor. Benny saved me," I said smiling. I looked at his hands and they were just as bad as mine. He could see I was looking and then he moved them out of my sight. I sighed and turned back to Connor.
       "Well, Benny, you have just earned my respect," he said hugging him. We all giggled and so did Connor. We all started walking around, Benny and Connor both at my sides. Benny put his arm around me and Connor looked at him. Benny pulled his arm away and I walked up by Ham and Bertram.
       "Yo, do you like my sister?" Connor asked. I cringed and tried not to hear.
        "Nah, she is my best friend and I care about her, but I don't have time for girls," Benny said. Again, I hated myself for thinking he did really like me. I'm just another girl who fell for Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez.
      We walked to a restaurant (All 11 of us) and sat down at a table. Connor looked around and saw someone and smiled.
       "I'll be back," he said, walking over to a girl. He sat down across from her and they talked and laughed. I clenched my jaw and looked down at the table.
        We all ordered some food except me, I just got a lemonade.
       "Why aren't you eating?" Benny asked me. I shrugged, the real reason is I don't really ever eat unless I force myself to, and what Benny said made me feel worse. He grabbed my hand and i instantly looked at him. I pulled my hand away and he sighed. "Addison, tell me what's wrong," he said. I looked over to where Connor was, he was kissing the girl he walked over by. I stood up and walked over to him, he didn't even notice me. I slapped his shoulder; I wanted to punch him, but my knuckles were still broken.
      "Ow! What was that for?" He yelled.
       "What the hell are you doing?" I screamed.
        "What- What do you mean?" He asked me.
       "Who is she?" I asked, crossing my arms.
         "She's, well she's my girl-"
         "So you have a girlfriend and you didn't tell anyone! Great! I have the worlds best brother," I yelled. I walked over to the table and threw 5 bucks and grabbed my stuff. I started walking out the door and I heard Benny telling the boys to stay where they are.
        "Hey, Hey, hey, what's wrong?"
         "Nothing," I yelled.
          "There's obviously something wrong, Addison," he said. I shook my head and just started walking, he grabbed my arm and he hugged me. "Please, tell me what's wrong," he said.
          "It's- it's nothing," I said.
           "I'm not letting you go until you tell me," he said smiling.
           "It's just- Connor keeps so many secrets and it got me mad, that's it," I said. He nodded and let me go.
         "Let's go home," he said. I nodded and he put his arm around me and we walked home together.

Yo! I hope you guys like this short chapter, it was just kinda a filler.
Bye💛