I Wish Someone Would Take Me Away From This Nightmare

Flashback...

READER'S POV (8 years old)

"W-what?"

I was in the hospital with my aunt, I was staying with her while my parents were out for a trip until we got a phone call in the middle of the night. I stood there with a shock on my face and then tears began to spill out of my eyes.

"I'm so sorry, I'm afraid your parents didn't make it."

I began to cry my eyes out while my aunt rubbed my back to comfort me but it wasn't helping. After their funeral, my aunt took me into her house and she said to me.

"From now on, you'll be living with me, (Y/n)."

"Thanks, Auntie, what would I do without you?"

I said with a smile but, little did I know my happiness wasn't going to last for much longer.

Seven years later (Reader is now 15)

"Auntie...? are you gonna be all right?"

I asked my sickly aunt who was suffering from brain cancer.

"I'll be fine...(Y/n)...I'm so sorry...I promised my brother I'd look after you before he died...and now...you're gonna be on your own again..."

"I don't wanna be left alone! I need you!"

I shouted as tears spilt out of my eyes before I gently hugged Auntie. Auntie gently patted my head and she smiled at me.

"Don't be sad, (Y/n)...you're not gonna be alone forever...I know someday...you will find that special someone in your life..."

"Please don't leave me...I don't wanna be alone...I can't let you die..."

I cried my eyes out as I buried my face in Auntie's shoulder.

Flashback ends...

17 YEAR OLD READER'S POV

I shot my eyes open after having that dream again. I was lying on the floor and it looked like I had fallen out of bed, again. I sighed annoyingly and I sat up while rubbing the back of my head and neck.

"Ow...man, I really need to put some railings or something around my bed to stop me from falling out of bed."

I grumbled annoyingly. I got up from the floor and I stretched a little before opening the curtains, letting the sunlight into my room. I looked around and my room was a bit of mess, a Wii remote lying on the floor, half-empty bags of crips, empty and crushed fizzy drink cans, dirty clothes lying on the floor and sketchbooks and notepads piled around my desk.

I sighed a little and I got changed into my school uniform. I adjusted my tie and I cleaned up my mess before leaving my room to get some breakfast. I got downstairs and I looked around the quiet and empty house. After my aunt passed away, I've been living here all by myself but, my landlord was kind enough to let me live here rent free until I finished school and got a job. I walked into the kitchen and I saw my aunt standing there making my usual breakfast but, it was only an illusion.

'I'm starting to lose my mind since my aunt died...'

I thought to myself as I made some pancakes for breakfast. Once I finished breakfast, it was time for me to go to school. I got my notebooks and my homework for my English class. I left the house and I locked the door. I walked along the pavement and I looked at the bright sunny sky and it felt like my life was so boring and ordinary since the death of my aunt and my parents. I got to the school building and I was dredging about going in since I've been getting bullied during break time and lunch times but, I had to keep my head held high. I walked into the school courtyard and then the usual stares came onto me like a ton of bricks.

"Look, it's her again."

"She's so weird, why does she still bother coming here?"

"I know right? what a freak."

"And a loner, her family is dead, maybe she's cursed."

I frowned a little but, I ignored those comments as I entered the building. I got to my first class which was modern languages. I sat down at my desk which was at the back and near the window so I wasn't bothered by my classmates or my bullies. 

"Hey, (Y/n)?"

Sarah, the only person who I could talk to in this insane world of ours, came over to me with her usual smile.

"We're going shopping after school, wanna come with us?"

"No thanks, I'll pass beside, I'm visiting my parents grave this afternoon."

"Oh, today was gonna be their anniversary, wasn't it?"

"Yeah, they would have been married sixteen years today, I wanna be left alone today."

"All right and sorry."

Sarah said as she went back to her seat. I sighed a little and I stared out of the window sadly.

'Since my aunt and parents died, I've been pushing people away even though I don't want to...they're right...I am a loser and a freak.'

I thought to myself as the school bell rang.

TIME SKIP TO THE END OF THE DAY...

I visited the flower shop to get my mum's favourite flowers which were lilies and I got to the cemetery. I walked over to my parents' graves and I knelt down. I placed the lilies on their graves and I stared at them sadly. 

"Happy anniversary, mum...dad..."

I mumbled quietly as the wind gently blew. I sighed a little before standing up from the ground and I mumbled.

"I love you both so much and I miss you so much..."

I lowered my head sadly and then the vicar came over to me and he said to me.

"Hello (Y/n)."

I looked at him and he then placed a bouquet of lilies near their graves.

"You remembered?"

"Of course, (Father's Name) and (Mother's Name) were loved by many people including me, I know it's hard for you-"

"You don't know what I've been going through since their deaths, I'm sorry, I wanna be left alone in peace."

"It's fine, child, it's understandable."

The vicar said as he patted my head before leaving me alone again. I got back home and I sighed a little at the quietness of the house. I headed into my room and I dumped my stuff on the floor before setting up my GameCube and playing the Ocarina of time. I got to the water temple and I started to fight Dark Link. I smiled a little as I played the video game since it was my comfort to help me with my loneliness.

I got defeated for the 15th time in a row but, I continued to smile a little since this wasn't the first time I lost to Dark Link. I paused the game so I could take a break but, I heard glass breaking from outside making me jump in fright. I switched on my bedroom light and I looked out of my window. I opened the window and I called out.

"Hello? is anyone here?"

"Sorry, (Y/n)! it was me!"

One of my neighbours shouted and I noticed he had dropped an empty bottle of beer onto the porch. I sighed a little and I said to him.

"Well, keep the nose down."

I shut my window and closing the curtains. I looked around my room and I rushed downstairs to make sure all the doors were locked. I ran back upstairs and I closed my door shut. I sat down on my computer chair while shaking in fear. I hated being alone in the house especially since there was a couple of unexpected noises during the night.

Sometimes, I wish someone would take me away from this nightmare.