"Hey, Rory!" Nyx yelled to her coworker, "I need to go. Can you handle the bar?"

She nodded, "Sure, go."

Nyx grinned, "Thanks, babe." She blew her a kiss and quickly went to the backroom to change into her regular clothes, walking out from the back. She tried to find Kyle's mop of hair and when she found, it turned out he was already being followed by Jack.

She followed them both to the abandoned building, keeping her distance. As Kyle walked inside, Jack was looking around if no one was looking and sighed, "You're gonna get yourself in trouble, Jack."

"You sure as hell are going to." Jack jumped at Nyx's voice in surprise, "But not without me, obviously." She grinned as he turned to look at her.

"How did you get here?" He asked, confused.

She stared at him weirdly, "I walked...? You know when you put one foot in front of the other? I thought you knew how that works."

Jack rolled his eyes at her smartass remark, "Just be quiet."

Now it was Nyx's turn to roll her eyes, "No shit, dumbass. You talk as if it's my first time doing this." She kneeled down and unhooked the fence climbing though it. Jack followed.

Best friends walked inside the dark building, trying to find a door or something. Jack started knocking on a wall which turned out to be a secret passage, leading downstairs.

They quietly walked down finding a cozy, secret room with lights on. There were double doors leading to another room, from where Jack and Nyx could hear voices.

Boy opened them slightly, picking inside, Nyx following.

"Mala revelentur." A women said, holding an eye, which projected some kind of vision.

Nyx was seriously disgusted.

In the vision she noticed Jack who was talking about getting an ambulance.

The vision ended making a woman sigh, "Necromancy." She muttered putting the eyeball down, which bursted into flames, "It's so disgusting." She commented and Jack with Nyx fled the building.

☽☾

The two were at Pete's house telling him what they saw, "You're not surprised? Why aren't you surprised?" Jack asked as Pete smiled.

"Because it makes a lot of sense." He answered.

"Magic? It makes sense to you?" Nyx asked.

She followed two men to the board, crossing her arms, "There's always been rumors about strange rituals. Human sacrifices. This explains so much." Pete muttered before turning to two teenagers with a grin, "It's fantastic."

"No! It is insane." "This is crazy!" Jack and Nyx argued,
"I did not sign up for this, okay?Something in the forest is killing Neophytes." Jack continued, "And two students are already dead."

"Wait, wait. Back that up. What's a Neophyte?" Jack's grandpa asked.

"It's what they call the pledges.
You heard me when I said something is killing us, right?"

"Have a little faith in yourself, sport. Hell, if anything this will make your life easier." He pinned a note with 'Neophyte' written on it, on the board.

"Er, no." Jack said, "Look, look, Pops, I don't know if I can keep doing this."

Nyx saw Pete's mood change drastically and took few steps back, "We've always wanted to ruin his life. Imagine what we can do to this bastard with magic in our arsenal."