Chapter Twelve

"Excuse me, I thought now would be a good time to bring you your baby back." the officer I gave Bella to said. Sure enough Bella was still asleep. I got up and took Bella from her and thanked her for holding her for me. Bella started to wake up a little when I took her back. I rocked her a little rubbing her back and she fell right back to sleep. I set her down on Santana's chest before kissing her and Bella's heads.
"I love you Santana." I said before running out and back to the car to get their food. When I got back a cop was standing outside the door. "One cop at all times will be stationed here until she leaves now." the cop said to me before ushering me into the room. When I saw my girlfriend and daughter sleeping peacefully I put a blanket over them both and kissed their heads again before writing a note and leaving it on top of the food and leaving. I was reluctant to leave but I knew they would be safe, so I headed out to go to school. I was late now but I was really only going to the assembly anyways and it started at 10. It was 8 o'clock now and it's take me an hour to get to school from the hospital. I had a peaceful drive to the school I was still a little nervous about Santana and Bella being alone but I knew they'd be okay with the cop outside their door. Hopefully Santana could go home today or tomorrow. I knew Bella might not be able to sleep another night away from us. When I pulled up to the school I had to sit in my car for a couple minutes and tell myself that they would be fine. I went into the school and to the office to get my late slip. I went to my second block class which was math after getting my slip. I usually had math with Santana and Quinn. When I came into the classroom I gave the teacher whose name I could never remember my slip. Quinn was in the back by herself doing her work so I decided to go sit next to her. When I sat down she hadn't noticed it was me until she looked up she got really excited when she saw it was me.
"Britt!" Quinn screamed and pulled me into a bone crushing hug.
"Hey Q." I said
"I didn't know you were coming back today!" she said excitedly
"I only came back for the assembly. When it's over I won't be back until Santana comes back." I told her and her face fell.
"Oh, but what about glee club?" Quinn asked
"I'm not sure. I'm still pretty mad at Finn for outing San and plus we're just there for the numbers. Everyone listens to Rachel and Finn." I told her seriously.
"I know, I talked to Rachel about that and she said she'd try to get Finn to back down a little and would try to back down a little herself." Quinn said looking at the ground.
"Quinn, something's bothering you. What is it?" I asked her ducking down to try and make eye contact with her but she just averted her eyes. "Come on Q, you can tell me anything."
"Fine." Quinn said tearing up
"What's wrong?" I asked her softly
"It's Rachel." she said looking up at me
"What about Rachel?" I asked her
"She's still with Finn. their relationship is toxic you know that! She doesn't even love him she's just with him so she doesn't get any questions. She promised me she'd break it off with him and be with me fully, but she hasn't yet." Quinn said starting to cry
"Well when did she promise she would?" I asked
"Two months ago! I don't want to hide anymore! I'm done hiding. She'll be with me if we're not seen but no other way. She came down to the hospital the day Santana got beat up and was in surgery. She was there for me there but she keeps dating Finn and it's hurting me Britt. Everytime I see them together and he hugs her or kisses her cheek or something I want to pounce." she told me
"Well have you told her how you feel? Like maybe it's not so much that you want to be out to the world as it is that she's not with you fully. Maybe tell her something like that you don't have to be out to the world but you'd like to at least be together without someone else." I said to Quinn
"I have told her how I feel." Quinn said.
"I can talk to her if you'd like?" I said
"Could you? Please?" Quinn asked
"Of course." I told her. She was going to say something else but got cut off by the announcement that the assembly would be starting soon. I'm not really sure what the assembly is for but I'm going to be taking it over.