Part 2

Chapter Two

Why Is This Hurting So Badly?

Katrina's Point Of View...

"So, what's your name?" the guy asked as he parked. We'd both been silent up until now, but I supposed that introducing ourselves more formally was a good way to start a conversation.

"Arachne."

"Really?" he asked, sounding shocked.

"Honestly? No. But we never tell our clients our real names: it just isn't done."

"Oh...yeah, I get that." he said, nodding, "I'm Chris."

I decided not to tell that I knew who he was. It could be considered rude.

"Pleased to meet you. You seem like a really nice bloke." I said, smiling at him honesty. He did seem nice, after all and he deserved to be told so. Not enough people were like him...proving that he was as nice as he seemed, anyway.

"Thanks. You seem pretty cool as well." he responded, and I smirked as he parked and we got out of the car.

"Well, that's my job."

I thought I noticed him wince slightly and I made a mental note not to mention being a hooker again. We walked into the almost completely empty Starbucks in silence, although that was mainly because I was trying not to scream about how cold it was.

Chris chuckled quietly about how quickly I'd gotten from the car to Starbucks, and I glared at him playfully:

"I'm. Cold."

"Well, there's probably something I can do about that." he said, just as the girl at the counter caught sight of us and called out:

"You! Where's your messy friend and how many changes of clothes are going to be needed?"

"Hello, Maria, it's nice to see you too."

"Whatever. It's always nice to see me." she joked as we walked up to the counter, making me smile. She was funny.

"Of course it is. And do you actually have a change of clothes?"

"Uh, yeah. I'm never sure when Balz and Ricky are gonna come in. I've got some sweat-pants and a t-shirt."

"Can she borrow them?" Chris asked, pointing at me. Maria looked me up and down appraising, not like she was looking at my clothes, more like she was looking at my body itself:

"But she's so pretty." she purred, before reverting to speaking to me directly: "Hey, beautiful, why don't you experiment tonight and come home with me?" she flirted, leaning over the counter.

I lent over to meet her half way, making sure she could see down my shirt as I whispered seductively in her ear: "Oh, baby...been there, done that."

I straightened as she half-moaned-and-half-laughed at the same time: "I really like her. And she'll fit in my stuff just fine: I'll take your orders and then go and get them."

"Can I have a large pumpkin spice latte, please." Chris said.

"Same only small, please, and a small hot chocolate with a blueberry muffin and a cake-pop."

"Damn, girl, you can eat." Maria commented playfully, and I shrugged:

"I haven't eaten in almost twenty-four hours." I told her: "I'm hungry."

Chris stared at me in horror, like I'd just told him I was being starved on purpose, but the truth was I just hadn't remembered to buy any food on the way home, and so there was nothing to eat in my flat. Which reminded me, I needed to go shopping tonight, unless I wanted to repeat being starving again.