Plans

"We meet again, sweetie!" A deep man voice said. I open my eyes and see trees and bushes passing by. I was moving. i turned my gaze around and see my dad again, driving the car. he looked exactly like the last time I've seen him.

"Hi there, dad. How was your day?" A shy smile formed up on my face. Seeing him again made me feel like he wasn't actually dead. It was good.

For now...

"All good! I see it was pretty good for you too!" He said as he stopped before a crosswalk. An old lady was struggling to move faster. But my dad gestured at her to just walk, why struggle when you're at the end of your strenghts? My dad was so patient with people, always good to have around... Too bad I can't have him around like that.

"It really was. She's special, y'know? She's not like other people, I can tell!" I saw my face turning red in the rearview mirror. I looked at my dad again and he was just smiling. "Were you talking about Rachel yesterday? When you said that 'something good is going to happen'?"

"Yes, Chloe, I was. Y'know, when good things happen, you're supposed to keep it going. So be careful, Chloe. She won't let you down, so don't let her down either. Prepare yourself, more things are going to happen'" And with that the truck ran us over again, I didn't even hear the horn, his words were just too much. What did he mean?

I suddenly open my eyes, analyzing the surroundings. I was in Rachel's bed. I looked around and didn't see her. She must be downstairs, it's Sunday so she can't be at Blackwell. I got up, trying to arrange my messy hair, when I hear a loud bang coming from downstairs. I got down as fast as I could, I thought she fell or something, but she was just doing the dishes. The TV in the living room was broadcasting Rick & Morty. Dude, those idiots are just the best, always going on crazy adventures. I didn't even realize Rachel just finished with the dishes and was watching me until I turned to look at her. God, she was just... perfect.

"Morning! How did you sleep?" She asked while gesturing me to come sit next to her.

"Really good actually, if I think about it, it may be one of my best nights. How about yours? What did you dream about?"

"Ok, you really need to hear me out! You and me, big fancy house, Florida, West Palm Beach. What do you think?" I didn't know if she was serious or if she was just kidding, but the idea of me and Rachel living large in Florida is not a bad idea.

"Sounds great to me as long as I get to sleep again like this, with you." I said with a sleepy expression while grabbing her shoulder and pulling her into a tight hug. I could feel she was taken by surprise, but she then hugged me back, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Glad to hear that! I really want it to happen."

"It WILL happen, I promise. As soon as we're out of Blackhell we're heading wherever you want."

I was really glad to talk about this with her. We're bonding really fast and I'm more than happy. Just imagining my life with Rachel in a 'big fancy house' on a crazy ass beach in Florida is the best thing that could possibly happen.

We were now sitting on the couch, my head over Rachel's lap and she was playing with my hair. We were watching Rick & Morty and eating popcorn. We eventually ended up falling back asleep.

It really felt good to have her around and I can't wait to see what my dad meant by 'more things are going to happen'.

------------------------------------------

Hey guys, sorry for disappearing and for this short chapter, I'm having a rough time at school. It'll be over after 20th on June.

Anyways, thanks again for reading and I hope you're all ok. Peace out!