71.

"Hey baby. Miss me?"

•Valerie•

My heart literally stopped and I forgot how to breathe as soon as I heard his voice. 

I stand there frozen as Drew looks between us confused. I'm pretty sure he put the pieces together though.

"Is this your... new boyfriend?" he spits, sizing Drew up.

"I'm not her boyfriend..." Drew says as I ignore the question completely. 

"How did you find me, Daniel?"

"That's Daniel?" Drew whispers and I nod.

Daniel chuckles, "You can thank your friend Brady for that. You know, you guys should really learn not to post your locations if you claim to be famous," he directs to Drew sarcastically.

"Okay but how did you know I was with him?" I ask confused. I'm surprised that I'm actually able to talk to him considering what he's done to me.

"How's Mia? Last I heard she was barely hanging on," he mocks disappointedly.

I narrow my eyes at him and Drew shakes his head, "Okay this conversation is over."

"It's not over until I say it is. Why don't you go ahead and hand her over to me if you know what's good for you. She belongs to me," Daniel says, finally getting straight to the point.

Drew scoffs, "She's not fucking property and you need to leave."

"You clearly don't understand how this works. But if you want to play this the hard way, then that's fine with me," Daniel makes a tsk sound as he shrugs, going to walk away. 

I speak up, "What do you mean by that?"

He turns around with a smile, looking me up and down, "We'll be together one way or another. I'll be back, remember that."

The look he gave me was... haunting. In that second, I felt everything once again. All of the pain and the fear... it all came back to me as I watched him walk away.

I jump when I feel a hand on my shoulder but relax once I realize it's only Drew, "Let's go back up... we won't let him hurt you, okay?"

I nod but barely recognize what he says. He found me... he really found me, and I knew that wasn't the last time I'd be seeing him, and that terrified me.

...

"What took you guys so long?" Michael says once we get back up.

We remained silent as we sat back down and Michael frowned.

"Drew? Vee?"

Drew throws me a look but I'm staring blankly at the wall in front of me. I felt mentally and physically drained.

"We... ran into someone," Drew says quietly.

"At 3 in the morning?"

He nods and looks at me worriedly as Michael gives me a confused look.

"Vee?"

"It was Daniel," Drew rushes out and I sigh before closing my eyes and leaning back in my chair.

"D- what did he do?!" Michael asks angrily.

"He just said some things-"

"He said he'd be back for me," I cut Drew off.

"No he fucking won't be. I don't care if I have to hire a hundred security guards, he's not going to hurt you again. Not as long as I'm alive."

I sigh, wanting nothing more than to believe his words but I knew better. When Daniel wanted something, he got it... no question about it.

So I lean my head on his shoulder, hoping he'd drop the conversation. I didn't feel like talking about it any longer.

I needed to stop stressing over everything because I knew that would be bad for the baby. I haven't felt her move in a while so I was getting worried, but I didn't want to say anything because I knew Mike would freak.

But if she doesn't move in the next few hours, I'd definitely have that checked out.

"Get some rest, Val. It'll all be okay," Drew says as he gets comfortable in his chair.

Our chips and drinks were sitting on the table untouched, neither of us had an appetite after that encounter.

I nod slowly before turning my body slightly to Michael and trying to get comfortable, which was hard. I was barely comfortable in my own bed now so imagine how I felt in this stiff chair.

Michael notices my discomfort and intertwines our hands. I let out a deep breath before letting my eyes close and letting sleep take over me.

He always made me feel so safe.

(a/n: so yeah it was Daniel. 🙃 but he left ... he'll return soon enough 😬 anyway, i'm exhausted from college. i hate it djdjfnfnf)