Chapter : 6

Please excuse all typos. I do this on my phone and when I go back over I still miss some. Anyway. Enjoy.
----------------------------------------------

I had woken up to a amazing good mood. Waking up and sliding with ease threw my morning routine was also a plus. I wrapped my hair up in a bun on top my head. I put a long sleeve navy blue dress on with a white belt and a matching scarf. I looked at my reflection and the smile on my face would not die down. Juice seemed to be the only thing running threw my mind these days. His sweater had caught my attention on the back of my bathroom door. I went to reach for it. I stopped myself and walked out of the bathroom. I got half way to the door when I thought about the gray hoodie again. I turned around and grabbed it. It could get chilly right?

It was my day off. I was gonna go into town and have some breakfast and maybe read my book. I was also gonna look around town. I have been here long enough for me to finally get out and venture around. I walked threw the book store and saw Rose sitting at the register playing on her tablet.

"Good morning Rose. " I gave her a smile.
"Oh good morning. How are this morning?" She placed her tablet down and smiled.
"I'm good. Gonna look around and get some breakfast. Would you like something?" I stopped in front of the counter. She thought for a second.
"Hmmm. A sausage,egg and cheese sandwich sounds good for lunch. " She smiled again and wrote some of the things she wanted on her sandwich. I grabbed the list and put it in my purse.
"Alrighty. I'll make sure it is made with love. " She chuckled at my comment and I waved as I was leaving. I headed to the diner I ate at when I first got here. I looked around but not much deciding I would handle that after my belly was full. I walked into the place and sat at a empty booth. I looked over at the menu and decided on eggs and bacon. The waitress came over and pulled out her pen and paper.
"What can I get ya' doll. " I smiled.
"Could I have the egg, toast, and bacon breakfast please...oh and sausage, egg and cheese sandwich to go. " She finished writing and tucked her pen in her apron. "Sure thing doll. " I smiled at her as she walked away.

I looked out the window. It was a really nice day. Not to cold or windy and the sun was shining. It was perfect. I had my back facing the door when I heard it chime. Not paying much attention to it I continued to stare out the window. I heard manly voices from the seat behind me. I could feel the shuffling behind me to slide into the booth. The booming male voices dominated my ears. They filled my head. That's all you could hear. I kept my eyes forward and focused on what they were saying. Mostly calm conversation with cuss words thrown around every now and then. That's when I heard it. The laugh and voice that seemed to drift to every empty thought in my head. My stomach did flips and it scared me. I smiled as I focused on his voice. He was sitting directly behind me. The waitress came with my food. "Thank you. It looks great. "She just smiled and brushed hair out of her face. "Thanks doll. I didn't make it so don't give me too much credit. " She smiled again before making her way to take the order of the table behind me. I took a bite of my eggs. They were simple with salt. It was nice though. I ate the rest of my food till the plate was remotely empty. I wrapped Rose's food up nicely and asked for the check. I leaned back into the booth and waited. The voices once again caught my attention.
"So Juicey boy,who was the pretty gal you were with the Otha day. " His voice carries a thick accent. I paid close attention. It was wrong to snoop in other people conversations. I couldn't help myself though.
"At the club house? Juice has been getting laid the past 3 days. The poor boy has been stressed. " The voice was deep. Not the same one that had the accent. They all laughed after the mysterious man said this. My heart dropped. Of course he would be sleeping with other women. He was handsome. Very handsome. Not to mention in shape. I fiddled with my dirty spoon. My reflection caught in the speckled egg covered spoon I was now using as a mirror. The scar on my lip was the first thing I noticed.
"You're a idiot. " I dropped the spoon.
"Excuse me?" I looked up and the waitress.
"Oh gosh. No not you. I was..im sorry. It not you though. " She placed the change and laughed.
"It's a good thing your pretty. " I chuckled and gave her her tip.
"Enjoy your day doll. " She flashes me a wink and smile and walks into back. I huff and stand up grabbing the bag of food,my purse and the hoodie which seemed alot less of a problem this morning. I brushed my dress off. Made sure I got all the crumbs off my stocking and situated my purse strap across my body. I felt the eyes of the men from the table staring at me.
"What's everyone looking at?"
I smiled and walked towards them but my eyes only stayed on one person.
"Hi Juice. " I stood in front of the table. My stomach doing flips. I held up the jacket. He smiled when he saw me.
"I saw you come in. I just wanted to return this. " I handed it to him. He went to say something but I couldn't stare at him anymore. It hurt for some reason. Knowing he probably only thought of me as that annoying little sister. Before he could get anything out of that perfect mouth I spoke up.
"Enjoy your meal guys. Thanks again Juice. " I smiled and turned on my heel. I pushed my way threw the door and let the sun hit me. It was a really nice day out. I walked back to the shop were Rose was.
"Hey doll. " The lady at the diner had really rubbed off on me.
"You remembered. Thank you so much." She opened it up and took a bite.
"This seriously taste great. " She chewed her sandwich. I noticed she started going threw some papers.
"Some one came by early this morning asking questions about a girl named Ingrid. It was really weird. I told the poor guy I didn't know anything. He was going on about how the love of his life left him. It was really sad. "
Before my mind could react my body jumped up to lock the door.
"Rose. Promise me you won't tell him anything. " My vision was outside as I spoke looking around.
"Why what's wrong? " her voice sounded scared.
"That's me Rose. He is here for me. " her face dropped.
"The man that was hitting you?" My eyes got watery.
"Oh god he found me. He found me. " I sank to the floor. Fear ran through every part of my body.
"Calm down. He doesn't know your here. Lay low for a while. Stay in your apartment and I'm sure he will leave town if he thinks your not here. " my hands gripped my head. I was scared. Devastated.
"Yo...you promise?"
"I'll will be alright. Promise. "

---------------------------------------------
Is this okay. Comments would be great about what people like and don't like. I might switch up writing point of views. Hopes everyone enjoyed.