The People ~ Chapter 4

Start from the beginning

I looked up to see a brown haired girl with a poofy dress and a poofy flower on his head. I froze and gulped at her being there suddenly.

The Girl didn't look too happy, then she reached over my head and pulled at Harliquin's coat. Pulling him off me and pushing to the side.

The only thing I could think of was to either surrender myself and let them hurt me, fight back or run away.

My body didn't do any of those options. My breath became a little shaky and my heart beated faster against my ribcage.

"What do you want, Human?! Why are you here?!" The Girl growled angrily.

"U-um. To get away from all the violence." I had a hint of questioning in my voice. The Girl growled and backed off a little eyeing near my side.

I looked down to see blood on the corner of my shirt and my sword covered in blood. My eyes widened as I looked back at the fairy in front of me.

"I-It's not what it looks like!" I could feel my heart in my throat as I talked. The Girl drawed my sword and raised it to show everyone around us.

"Obviously, you're not." She examined the sword. Her eyes widened in shock or in fear then dropped it on the light green grass that was now splashed by blood. "Why do you carry that sword!" She pointed to it.

Everyone around us was shock, scared or worry. But Harliquin had all those looks. I looked at the sword on the ground and pick it up with my head low.

"It was given to m-"

"NO IT WASN'T!" I got interrupted and was slapped hard, I held my hand to the red mark. "YOU STOLE IT! ADMIT IT!" She was in tears for some reason.

"It was given to me..." I paused. "by my father." A single tear fell down my cheek as I finished my sentence. She saw this and floated back a little.

She frowned and flew off and so did the others in the trees and bushes. All but Elaine, Helbram and Harliquin.

I sighed and turned from the three as more tears formed and rivered down my face. Memories of a man flooded my mind as I fell to my knees. And remembered the good times I had when I was a kid.

...

"Shiro, hurry up!" A man with red hair called with his booming voice. I smiled as I caught up with the man.

"Ok papa. What is my training today?" My five year old self couldn't contain himself. The boy with white hair smiled brightly and bounced around the older male.

"Archery." He smiled brightly back. The younger Shiro's excitement flushed out if him after hearing that word. The man sighed. "You can use my bow." He chuckled as the energy of the boy charged back and was bouncing again.

"Then let's go!" The boy pulled the man's arm to the target practise.

...

"Pa where are you going?" The seven year old boy said as he approached the open door. "Are you going away again?" The boy was still in his night clothes.

The man at the door sighed and turned back to the boy behind him. He walked towards him and kneeled to his level.

"Our country needs me, my boy. Now take care of your mother for me, will you do that for me?"  He wiped away the tears off the boy as he sniffed.

"Yes papa I won't let you down!"

...

Knock knock knock. The door banged throughout the house.

The twelve year old Shiro answered the door to see two men in armour at the archway of the door.

"Are you Shiro, son of Len Kagamine?" The biggest male said. Shiro nodded hiding a little behind the door. The male held out a piece of paper and the boy took it.

"Thank you." The boy whispered, two men nodded and left the boy at the door step. The boy closed the door and read the letter:

To the family of Len Kagamine,
We are unfortunately informing that Len has died in war. He didn't die in vain though, he saved half of his men and slad about one hundred demons. He was a true hero,
Kind regards,
General of Len Kagamine

Shiro fell to the floor. Crying. Pleading. Begging for his father back. But he was gone and never coming back.

...

Tears fell onto the grass under me. I felt a hand rest warmly on my shoulder. I turned my head to see Harliquin smiling lightly in comfort. I returned the smile and got up.

The other two had already left and waiting for me and Harliquin to follow the path. We set off AGAIN and felt closer than before.

Tears were still in my eyes and down my face, I wiped some of them away as we walked and sighed.

Like my father used to say...

Live on and live Life.

Word count: 1495