Chapter 8

*Time skip to the concert.
Mackenzie Pov

"Have fun girls, be safe!" Misha yells as we're walking away from the car.

"We will!" I wave to Misha before he drives away. "I'm so excited!! I get to see my boyfriend for the first time in almost four months!"

"I still can't believe you're dating THE Ashton Irwin." Amaya says as we show the guards our V.I.P passes before heading into the venue where Ashton said him and the rest of the boys are doing sound check.

"I know." I say, smiling at the thought of seeing Ash. "Hey, you get to see your boyfriend tonight too."

"Luke and I aren't dating." Amaya protests, and I roll my eyes.

"Sure you aren't." I put air quotes around aren't. "I think that's a load of bullshit, but whatever you say.

As Amaya and I sit in our front row seats, I start bouncing my leg up in down while waiting for Ashton to notice me.

"Mackenzie, just breath. You'll be okay, I promise." Amaya tells me, trying to calm my nerves.

"I sure hope so." I mumble, popping my knuckles.

"Mackenzie Collins, are you in here?" Ashton yells, hopping off the stage.

"I'm over here." I pipe up, and Ashton comes running over to me.

I get up, and Ashton envelopes me into a very tight hug.

"I've missed you." Ashton mumbles, acting like he'll never let me go.

“I've missed you too. Skype and Face Time just aren't the same." I say once we finally break apart.

"Come on, I'll show you guys backstage." Ashton grabs my hand, interlacing my gingers with his. "Amaya, Luke's waiting for you."
•••

"I'm gonna miss you Ash." I say, wiping my eyes as I tell Ash goodbye. "Maybe for my senior trip in a couple months I can convince my dad to let me and Amaya go to Australia."

"Maybe." Ashton pulls me into one last kiss. "Be careful, and stay out of trouble."

"Like that's gonna happen." I wink before waving at Ashton, walking outside, and getting in Misha's car.