“I rather go home and sleep," he said. “I didn’t sleep too much last night.”

“And why’s that?”

“Why are you asking so much?”

“Because.”

“Why?”

“Because, like I said," she said. “But hey, you don’t have to answer me. How about I come over to your place? My house is a few miles out of town, so let not go there. And since Nash is a very small town, yours sounds fine.”

“I rather you not," he said. “I don’t feel like having your Sunshine ass know where I live so you can stalk me.”

“I would find you some way or another," she said, winking up at him.

He stopped them walking and took his arm out hers, “Look, your friend Becky or whatever her name was pestering me in my last two classes. I would just like to go home and go to sleep.”

“Becca?” she questioned. What was Becca doing talking with Darien and what were they talking about? “What was she saying?”

“I don’t know," he said, annoyed. He ran his hand through his silky brown hair; an action Lena wanted so badly to do with her own fingers. “Something about a movie and Friday. I don’t know, I wasn’t even listening when she wasn’t touching me.”

Lena lips tighten at the thought of her best friend asking Darien out to the movies! And touching him!? She should have been able to smell Becca's perfume the moment she came near Darien, but she was so excited to see him she didn’t realize until now.

“Well how about we don’t talk. Just watch a movie," she said. “You can pick.”

“How do you know I have a DVD player or any movies to watch?” he questioned.

“Well it would be lucky if you do have a DVD player because there's a Redbox at the Seven Eleven," she said.

“You need a card for those," he said.

“Which I have," she said. “My dad gave me one for emergencies."

“I don’t think a sale going on at the mall is an emergency," he sarcastically said.

Lena stopped walking and crossed her arms over her chest, “It’s limited, fifty dollars only. I am very responsible and don’t spend my money on pointless stuff. And I’m not some spoiled rich brat.”

“Sure you're not," Darien sarcastically said and began walking again.

She caught up to him, “You don’t even know me that well.”

“And you don’t know me that well," he said. “And you never well, so just leave me alone, Sunshine.”