THIRTY ONE

Gil pulled away upon seeing her eyes open, beaming widely as he clapped his hands together

Gil pulled away upon seeing her eyes open, beaming widely as he clapped his hands together. The gears in Gigi's head turned rapidly as she thought of how she had woken up. When they'd said she had a curse put on her.

But all curses could be reversed and the Enchantress' curse had been reversed. There'd been something she'd said that Gigi didn't want to understand.

That the curse could only be reversed with true love's kiss. Which made Gil her true love.

She looked at the son of Gaston who looked at her obliviously as he grinned at her and muttered things to himself.

Gigi sat up, pushing the blanket that had been put on top of her to the floor and swinging her legs over the bench, standing up or at least trying to. She couldn't keep her balance and would've hit the ground if Gil hadn't been quick to react and catch her.

Gigi stared into his eyes, her heart fluttering in her chest.

"Hey Gil." Gigi said, mustering up the courage to speak and form a coherent sentence.

"Oh my gosh Gigi." Gil said, setting her upright. "Are you all right?"

Gigi nodded her head since she couldn't form a sentence. She blushed madly, though she hadn't meant to. She let herself be pulled into a hug by Gil, trying to make sure she stopped shaking.

"Um Gil?" Gigi asked.

"Yeah?" Gil said, beginning to squeeze the life out of her.

"I can't breathe." Gigi said as Gil let go, jumping up and down like a happy child. "Sorry."

"It's okay." Gigi said. "I'm fine."

"I'm glad." Gil said with a grin, before his face settled into a frown. "You worries me Gigi."

"I did?" Gigi asked.

"I thought you'd never wake up again." Gil said. "I thought I'd never see you again."

"I'm right here." Gigi assured as Gil nodded before his eyes grow sad once more.

"But you're not." Gil said. "You're going to leave again."

"Gil." Gigi said, carefully taking his glove clad hands in her own. "No matter where I am, I'll always be here." Gigi poked his chest with her finger where his heart was. "And I know we'll see each other again."

"When?" Gil asked.

"One day." Gigi said. "And until then we're going to make this work."

"Really?" Gil asked.

Gigi hummed, squeezing his hand reassuringly.

"Gil." Gigi said. "Would you be my boyfriend?"

"Yes." Gil said, pulling her into a another hug. Gigi smiled, returning it, not wanting to let go. But she had to eventually.

Her friends walked into the room expecting to find her still asleep.

"Aww." Rapunzel cooed, causing Gigi to pull away from the hug.

"Gigi you're awake. How?" Mal asked, frowning as she held her hands to her hips.

"True love's kiss." Evie sighed as Eugene shook his head.

"No no." Eugene said. "That isn't happening."

"Lighten up Eugene." Rapunzel said, nudging his shoulder. "Let the girl live her life."

"Well I'm glad you're awake Gigi." Evie said, pulling her into a hug. "I was so worried."

"We all were." Carlos said. "Don't got her Evie."

Evie shrugged, pulling away from the hug. Carlos pulled Gigi into a hug after.

"Don't ever do anything like that again." Carlos said as Gigi chuckled.

"I won't." Gigi said. "I promise."

"You better not." Mal said.

"Next time tell us what you're planning." Jay said. "And how you're feeling. You're still one of us Gigi."

Gigi smiled at that, tilting her head to the side as she released herself from Carlos' hug and walked over to Jay.

"Let's hope there isn't a next time." Gino said.

"That's a good idea." Carlos said. "Let's just stop having to come back here."

"That's easier said than done." Mal said as she pulled Gigi away from Jay and gave her a brief hug before turning her to face her parents.

Gigi wrapped her arms around each of their shoulders, as they pulled into a group hug. Gino reluctantly joined in after they told him to.

Sam picked up an old film camera, taking a picture of them and waving it in the air for them to see it.

"Voila." Sam said, handing the picture to Gino once he'd escaped the hug. Rapunzel smiled at it over his shoulder, looking at Sam.

"I don't want a hug," Sam said, backing away from the queen of Corona.

"No one escapes a hug from her." Gino said. "Sorry Sam."

"I don't give a fu-." Sam said, cut off by Rapunzel giving her a hug.  She tried to escape it, before giving up and letting the woman hug her.

"So much pent up anger in you." Rapunzel said. "So defensive. I'm taking on the responsibility of being your mother."

"I have a mother." Sam said. "Thank you very much."

"Yes." Rapunzel said. "But I'll be better."

Sam rolled her eyes, huffing in annoyance as she pulled away from Rapunzel.

"She's just trying to be nice." HJ said. "Let her."

"Shut up Hector." Sam hissed, picking at the nail polish on her nails.

"So Sam." Gigi said. "Are you guys still a thing?"

"Me and Hecky?" Sam said. "No."

"I was talking about Harry." Gigi said as Sam frowned.

"Not right now." Sam said.

"Sorry I asked."

"You're fine." Sam said, waving her hand dismissively, walking toward the window and looking out of it.

The group froze as the heard the door sliding up and many boots clanking up the steps.

Quinn stood in front of them with her hands on her hips, turning to the person behind her.

"Hurry up Hook." Quinn called as she grinned at them.

"What do you want?" Mal asked, narrowing her eyes.

"Nothing really." Quinn said. "Just here to pick up some people you've stolen."

"We didn't steal them." Mal said. "But you can have them back if you want."

"I don't think we were asking." Harry said, walking over to Sam, whispering something in her ear.

Sam shrugged his arm off her shoulder, storming down the staircase. HJ narrowed his eyes at Harry, pointing his finger at him before following after her.

"Come on Gil." Quinn said. "I don't have time for this nonsense."

Gil turned to Gigi, giving her a final hug, before smiling at her and waving as he followed after Quinn and Harry down the staircase.

Gigi smiled back, letting her friends lead her toward the boat, watching Gil wave at her from the dock, waving back at him until she couldn't see him anymore.