NINETEEN

"Gigi?"

"Gigi?"

Gigi's mind had gone blank the minute she saw Gil. She didn't know what she was supposed to do. She hadn't seen him in so long and seeing him now made her realize how much things had changed.

They hadn't really talked in two years, mainly because of the rivalry between Mal and Uma. But they still had remained friends. They had ended up on opposite sides of the battle somehow and Gigi had come to miss their meetings.

When they were younger and ran through the streets of the Isle, not having a care in the world. When they shared stories about things they wanted to achieve. When they imagined a world where they didn't live in the Isle and Gigi was a princess in a castle and Gil would save her.

She found that quite ironic.

All her life she had thought she was the daughter of Mother Gothel, who was famed for locking Rapunzel in a tower for eighteen years. She probably would have done the same for Gigi if she hadn't been sent a letter off the Isle.

Mother Gothel hadn't been happy then and Gigi hadn't known why. But now she knew. Mother Gothel had waned to keep her in the dark and not let her find out the truth. The truth of who she was.

That she had kidnapped her when she was younger much like how she had kidnapped Rapunzel. But Gigi knew she didn't have the magical hair Rapunzel had, she would have known by now. Why had she taken her? What had made her so worth taking?

Maybe it was who real mom was. Maybe Mother Gothel had some problem with her. Maybe that was why all this had happened to Gigi.

A part of Gigi wanted to believe that this had all been a mistake. That Mother Gothel had mistaken her for someone else and she would tell her what she wanted to know. But the other part of Gigi knew that wasn't how Mother Gothel worked. You had to work for what you wanted and Gigi hadn't done that. She wouldn't easily give it to Gigi just because she was feeling merciful.

Mother Gothel was deceitful and knew just how to get to Gigi and make her work for her. She knew all of Gigi's weaknesses and knew how to use it against her. She never liked Gigi's sunny personality, it reminded her of someone she once knew she said. Gigi hadn't paid attention then, she never did when Mother Gothel got into reminiscing mode. She could go on and on for hours about how things could've gone when she knew very well she couldn't do anything to change the outcome.

But she had once said she'd done something that would give her one final act of revenge toward one of her old enemies in Auradon. Gigi hadn't know. Then but now she knew she had been talking about her kidnapping and she didn't like it.

"Hey Gil." Gigi said, mustering up the courage to speak and form a coherent sentence.

"Oh my gosh Gigi." Gil said, setting the cartons of eggs on the table and crushing her in a hug.

Gigi blushed madly, though she hadn't meant to, returning the hug slowly.

"Um Gil?" Gigi asked.

"Yeah?" Gil said, still squeezing the life out of her.

"I can't breathe." Gigi said as Gil let go, jumping up and down like a happy child.

"Sorry." Gil apologized. "It's just I haven't seen you in forever. And I haven't talked to you in forever and now your here!"

"Gil this isn't a friendly meeting." Uma said.

"It's not?" Gil asked, his smile faltering as a frown crossed his face.

"Far from it." Quinn said. "We were just taunting Gigi for not knowing who her mom was and now you came and you just ruined all of it."

"I did?" Gil asked, looking down at the floor.

"He didn't." CJ daid. "Don't hurt the poor guy's feelings."

"For once I agree with you CJ." Uma said as she shuddered at the thought. "Ew. I just agreed with you."

"So I didn't ruin anything?" Gil asked, his smile slowly returning.

"No you didn't." Freddie said. "Don't listen to these idiots."

"I'm not idiot." Quinn huffed, flipping her red locks over her shoulder.

"Yes." Chelsea said. "We are not idiots. Anyway can we go back to taunting Gigi about not knowing who her mother is?"

"Gigi doesn't know who her mother is?" Gil asked with a frown. "That's so sad."

"Yes and I'm sure you forgot who her mother is." Zevon said. "This whole conversation is a waste of time."

"Gigi's mom is-." Gil began as Uma clamped a hand over his moth.

"No it's a surprise." Uma said. "You don't want to ruin the surprise do you?"

"No." Gil said, shaking his head as Uma, Quinn and Chelsea shared matching menacing looks causing Gigi and her friends to feel a little uneasy.

✫✳︎✳︎✫↤

GINO FITZHERBERT, paced his dorm room, hoping for his parents to answer the phone. His mother had gone back to Corona for emergency reasons and now she really would kill him.

She had left for one day and in that one day he had failed at what he'd told her to do.

Keep an eye on Gigi.

The phone continued to ring and Gino continued to pace. He jumped in joy when the call went through and his mother's voice rang through the phone.

"Gino!" Rapunzel said. "What's wrong sweetie? Did something happen to Gigi?"

"Um well yeah." Gino said as his mother made a clicking noise with her tongue.

"What happened Gino?" Rapunzel demanded. "Where is she?"

"Mom." Gino said. "I was watching her like you asked and this meaning she just vanished. She wasn't anywhere."

"Gigi is missing?" Rapunzel asked, gasping.

"No mom." Gino said. "I think she took matters into her own hands. I think she went back to the Isle."

The line went dead as panic surged through Gino's body.

He'd lost Gigi Gothel. He was a goner.