Allegro 01 : Migraine -Moonstar 88

Tap.. Tap..
There goes the rain.

Ken loved the rain. You can describe him as a pluviophile. Lover of the rain. The small, tiny droplets of water bring him euphoria.

Tap.. Tap..

He found himself getting up from his seat, walking slowly towards the ivory-colored window. His eyes dart to the scenery outside him. Grey clouds drifting past blue skies, leaving tiny droplets. The grey clouds reminded him of himself. Seemingly detached but left with tears. It was his choice anyways.

He withdrew from the windowstill and went out to the kitchen to make himself a cup of coffee. As he went past the hallways of the seemingly barren apartment, he finds himself looking at the things he had. Vinyls? He wasn't that much of a fan till she introduced them to him. Long line of film cameras up the shelf? She bought them for him. She said that film will bring color to your life. No matter how grainy.

He walks to the marble kitchen and starts making himself a cup of coffee. He wasn't a fan of coffee as well until she got him a roaster for Christmas.

He remember what she said vividly,
"You should start basking yourself in that aroma! You're too stressed." She chuckles.

Too naïve to realized it was because of you.

He stirs his coffee and plops on the couch. As he waits for the coffee to cool down, he reached for the speaker on the desktop.

Shuffle - Migraine

As the melancholic song plays, his eyes wander to the frame beside the speaker,
It was of them at the beach, where he lifted her off the sand.
He suddenly remembers what he told her,
"I'd always catch you. No matter what happens. Just don't let go of me."

What a dumb mistake. He scoffed.

We weren't together in the first place and we will never be.

This is how it all started.
The first time he met this girl, he could tell. She was different from the rest. Her aura blazing with passion and fierceness. She was friendly. She would try to talk to everyone on set. She was pretty, no doubt. With her hazel brown eyes, puffy cheeks, thick lips and morena skin. He found her attractive. But what made him fall was how beautiful she was. Inside.
She had the heart of gold. She would always be taking care of him. She would be so passionate when she talked about six things, Dancing, Singing, God, Her Family and in her voice, Food! That girl was something, she was the only one who made him laugh, laugh so hard he had stomach cramps. She was the only one who could make the ugliest faces but still end up looking cute and ethereal.
That's why he fell for her.

You can't blame him, right?

As God paved the way, he gotten to work with more often, which meant spending more time with her.
He would find the littlest things about her. How her head would move around when she sleeps. How she would have the cutest little snores. How her eyebrow raises up when she's intrigued. How she would make the cutest whine when she's hungry. He could go on and on.

So he tried his shot with her. He started doing things that would make her happy. He went shopping with her. The late night drives around Manila and Tagaytay. Sneaking out of taping to the nearest Mcdonalds or Jollibee. Surprising her with concert tickets. Buying her little vintage stuff. Bringing her home after the shoots even though she lives 3 hours away. Spending time with her family. Converting to her church because she wanted to. In short, he was in love.

Or that's what he thought.

He sips on his coffee, the hot bitter taste scorching his tongue, bringing him back to reality. He looked at the wall clock, for 45 mins, he was wondering about how great she was. He doesn't want to speak ill of her. But she broke his heart and she didn't even realize.