Prologue

Welcome, welcome! You've found the story I'am crafting and spinning. I bid you good wishs and pleasant reading, and once you're done a comment would be gladly appreciated. Here goes nothing ;P

p.s This is NOT edited yet.

p.s.s Dedicated for the amazing cover!

~~~~~~~~~~

Clack, clack, clack, my new strappy heels made that nicest sound, the sound of breaking the rules. I smiled to myself as I strutted toward the house full of people and music. This was going to be one of the greatest nights of my life, I decided. Tonight was the night I would hook up with one of the hottest guys in my high school. The guy I've been crushing on since grade six.

     My parents wouldn't be home till a little after midnight, so I had exactly two hours to make some memories. Memories nobody would be forgetting anytime soon.

 I tried my absolute hardest to look my best tonight. I spent an hour crimping my hazelnut hair and another pinning it up just right. Diamond chandelier earrings hung at my ears, I left my neck bare. I wore a simple black tank top that dipped down more than my parents would approve of, and dark skinny jeans.

Pulling out my cell phone I quickly shot a text at one of my best friends, Camilla.

U here already? -Grace

A few more steps would take me to the door and into the midst of a teenage cliqued party. Music, rooms crowded with people grinding each other, and alcohol, a teenage dream.

 Pausing to wave at a couple of people loitering on the lawn, I continued on my journey. As I pushed open the door there was a shock wave of transition. The music was almost unbearably loud and the atmosphere was already wild

  Upstairs, bathroom on your left -Cammy

 Looking down at my blinking phone as I walked I didn’t notice the guy in front of me.

 "OOF!" I exclaimed as I hit the floor right on my buttocks.

  "Woah, sorry babe," The guy turned around, saw me sitting on the ground and started laughing. He must be new, I thought, I don't recognise him from anywhere. He was hot though, dirty blonde hair with faint blue eyes and nice build.

Using my most dignified and sultry voice I could muster I replied "Are you going to help me up?"

 With a drunken smile still plastered on his face the unknown guy offered his hand, which I took. Looking at him through my eyelashes, I nibbled on my bottom lip. "Thanks."

 "No problem, the names Ryan." He winked.

 Quickly I scampered off, a blushing heating up my cheeks. I could feel Ryan’s eyes on my back, making me nearly trip over my own feet.  Why do I have to be so clumsy?! Taking the steps to the second floor two at a time, I rushed right into a seething cow.

 Meet the wicked witch of Nortening High, Alaba White. With a name like that you'd expect her to be shunned and bullied, but it’s the opposite. Admittedly she’s beautiful; an exotic type of pretty. She’s part African making her skin tone and hair dark, but she has the brightest green eyes of anyone I've meet.

 "You little slut! Lay off my boyfriend!" She screeched. Marching up to me she dabbed a finger in my chest.

 Holding up my hands I smiled at her, "What did I do?”

 "YOU WERE ALL OVER HIM!" Alaba's face started turning red with anger, my cue to get out of her sight.

 "I only bumped into him. Honest! And If it makes you even more happy I overheard him talking about how you're the best girl he’s ever found," I lied through my teeth.

 She looked shocked, a new thing for her. "Really? Like you aren’t just saying that?"

 I shook my head.

 "Hah, well then I see he has very good taste. Get out of my way." She sneered and went down the stairs. I honestly believe she needs an attitude adjustment.

 Looking around for the bathroom, I spotted a closed door on the left. I knocked twice, that was our way to tell each other it was us. A blond head peeked out.

 "Grace! You look amazing. Come in, I’m just fixing Jasmine’s makeup." Camilla exclaimed in a rush. Meet Camilla Joshten, world’s fasted talker, or at least the fasted talker I knew.

 I retold them the story of Ryan and Alaba, they told me they saw Josh, who they called 'Lover Boy' for me. Yes Josh was the guy. The guy I wanted to find right now.

 ''Is tonight the night, Grace?'' asked Jasmine, earning a giggle from Cam.

 'You know it is!' She replied for me. ''And shouldn't you be out looking for him? Stop wasting time!'' She ushered me out, and I slammed the bathroom door back in my face. As always I asked myself what the heck just happened.

10 Minutes later...

 I found him. He just went into the kitchen to get a drink, this was my chance. After I came back down stairs I spotted him sitting on the couch with a big group of people, which I randomly decided to join, wink wink.

 Sigh. Those brown eyes, some girls said they were plain and looked like the color of shit, but I disagreed. If you wanted to you could see a charming sparkle in them, lovely laughter, and a hidden soul. To me he was a god. Everything about him made me swoon. The way he walked, the way he talked. His hair, which was just a few shades darker than mine. His smell, his larger than average sized nose. his abs.

 As I strolled into the kitchen, I couldn’t shake the feeling of being a stalker. Stalkers could be hot though...Right?

 Nobody was in the kitchen, except for Josh who was pouring himself some beer out of a big keg.

 "Hey, Josh." I went over to him.

 "Oh hey, Grace. Want some?" Turning toward me he motioned toward the keg. I usually don't drink; I hate the taste of alcohol and the feeling of getting drunk. To me it just feels so sloppy and like you have no control over your body. Yet I don’t think I could ever say no to anything while Josh was around.

 "Sure." I waited for him to pour me a cup and took a sip. Bleh. "Do you want to get some fresh air for a minute?"

 I smiled at him. This was it. This was an invitation, and he knew that.

 "That sounds nice. There’s a door out in the hallway, leads to the patio." I let him lead the way, while I screamed inside. He said YES! But just as we were stepping outside...

 RING RING RING

 No. Bad phone. I’m busy, please stop ringing.

 RING RING RING

 I ignored it. Hopefully whoever was calling would get the message.

 RING RING RING

 Josh looked at me. "Aren't you going to get that?"

 "Of course," I turned away. I was so going to kill the caller. "Hello?"

 "Grace, I'll give you two seconds to explain to me where you are." Oops. It was dad...And he sounded extremely mad.

 "Dad, I can explain. I’m at Cam's."  I saw Josh give me a questioning look. What was I supposed to tell him? That I'm at a party, drinking with a guy I would strip for? No, doesn't sound that nice, does it?

 "Oh really then why did Camilla's mom tell me that Camilla told her that you guys would be at our house?" Double oops. I’m in some deep doggie doo doo.

 "I'm sorry!''

''I don't care, just get home.'' I heard my dad sigh, “Grace, your grandmothers dead.''