Ch. 1 - School Hatred

3rd Person POV:

Tord woke up, a streetlight shining through his open window onto his face. He groaned, looking at a digital clock on his nightstand. "5:36 A.M. I woke up too early..." Tord whined, sitting up. He rubbed on his eyelids as he stood up, getting out of bed. He picked one of his hentai books up from the floor.

"Ah, shit. It's Monday. First day of 9th grade." Tord grumbled, turning the room's light on. He walked over to his backpack and carefully lodged the hentai book in between his notebooks. He went to his closet and got a few items out of it, tossing them to his bed. A red hoodie, a black tank top, black leggings, and black vans. He questioned himself for hiding his shoes in his closet, but soon forgot about it. He changed out of his anime pajamas and into his normal outfit. He looked back at the clock. As if on cue, it started beeping.

"6:00 already?" Tord turned the alarm off and sighed. He grabbed his backpack and went into the kitchen, making some cereal for himself. His mom and dad wouldn't be home until 4 P.M. He felt lonely, but he shook it off. "It doesn't matter." He muttered to himself, sitting at the dinner table.

After breakfast, he waited outside for the school bus to arrive. While waiting, a happy looking fellow strutted up to him. Tord quickly put his black earbuds in, not wanting to chat with another human being. The boy simply stood next to him, looking at the street. 'I'm stupid. He was just coming over to wait for the bus.' Tord thought to himself, blushing from embarrassment. He pulled his hood over his head, his horned-hair sticking out anyway. He played some music, but not too loud or too quiet.

More teens joined them to wait for the bus, and it soon came. Tord put his phone in his hoodie pocket and got on the bus first. He sat in one of the front seats, seeing the kid from earlier sitting in the other front seat. The kid seemed lost in thought, and Tord observed him.

'Oh, right. That's Matt Harris, the weird kid.' Tord noticed Matt's square chin and freckles. 'What happened to his chin? To be honest... I like the freckles.' Matt turned his head, meeting eyes with Tord. Tord blushed and looked away, letting an awkward cough out. Matt tilted his head, but shrugged it off. He took a circular mirror out of his backpack and gazed dreamily at his reflection.

'Who was that guy again? Todd? I can't remember...' Matt pondered, tilting his mirror to spy on Tord. He saw Tord reading out of an anime book... or something. Matt felt his body weight shift as the bus came to a stop. He shoved his mirror into his backpack and zipped it shut. Tord continued to read his hentai as he got out of the bus, earning odd looks from people nearby.

He trudged into the large highschool, heading to his class early. He had to explore the school a bit to find it, 'Mrs. Murphy's Math Class - Room 225'. He went in and chose a seat in the back. After more students came into the class, he realized that the seat next to him was the only empty seat. The teacher came into the classroom, starting class.

"Hello, I'm Mrs. Murphy." Was all that Tord tuned in for. He left his earbuds in, going unnoticed by the teacher. In the middle of Mrs. Murphy's lesson, the classroom's door opened. Tord looked up from his hentai book to see Matt, who was panting heavily as he entered the room. The class stared at him, and Tord looked back down at his hentai book. He looked up again when Matt took a seat in the desk next to his. 'Great. Just... great.' Tord thought to himself.

The ginger waved at him with a large smile, showing his blue braces. Tord nodded and looked back at his book. In the next class, out of all of the other desks, Matt sat in the one next to Tord's. Tord scoffed and set his crossed arms on his desk. When the teacher came in, Tord rested his head on his arms. Out of the corner of his eye, he looked to see what Matt was up to. Matt was scribbling something into a notebook, gazing at the teacher every now and then.

In Tord's next class, he just dozed off to the sound of Matt flipping pages of his notebook. He awoke to someone tapping him on the shoulder. He took an earbud out and looked up at the person, who turned out to be Matt. "Hello! I just wanted to tell you that the class is over!" Matt explained, smiling. Tord nodded and stood up, grabbing his stuff. "Thanks." He muttered, pulling his backpack straps over his shoulders. Matt hesitated, but left the classroom. Tord headed out of the classroom, not excited for lunch to start.

He went into the cafeteria and sat at an empty table. After a while of silence and hentai, another chair at the table got filled. Tord made a guess about who it was, and he was right. He took an earbud out again, looking at Matt. Matt chewed on a sandwich, meeting eyes with the confused Norwegian.

"Hello! You don't mind if I sit here, do you?" Matt asked. Tord would usually say 'I mind a lot, so move to another table', but he didn't. "It's fine." Tord mumbled, going back to reading his hentai. Then, Matt seemed to want to chat.

"By the way, my name is Matt! What's yours?" "My name is Tord." "Nice! That's a very unique name! So... what's your favorite color?" "Red." "Wow! Mine's purple!" Tord was starting to get annoyed with Matt's behavior. Matt started rambling on and on, and Tord just answered when Matt asked him something. Finally, lunch ended. Tord's never been so excited to get to a classroom. At least, that's what he thought.

He sat in the back, as usual, and Matt joined him. 'Why do I have almost every class with this guy?!' Tord thought to himself, slamming his head onto his desk out of frustration. "Are you... okay?" Matt questioned, concerned for his new friend. "Yeah." Tord replied. Matt whispered to Tord for the rest of this class and the class after it. The final class of the day, however, didn't have Matt in it.

Tord found himself unconsciously peeking at the seat next to him, finding a different teen sitting there. The teen noticed his glances, and decided to acknowledge them. "Uh... hi? Do you need something?" The kid asked, a bent cigarette hanging from the side of his mouth. Tord flinched and looked down at his desk, shaking his head. The other teen looked back at the teacher as Tord put his earbuds in.

'Why do I miss him? He was literally one of the most annoying people that I've ever met.' Tord tapped his fingers on the desk as he waited for the class to end. After class, he went out to wait for the bus. He jumped when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around to see his favorite ginger himself, so he took his earbuds out.

"I forgot that we live next to each other!" Matt said. "Yeah, me too." Tord responded. The bus came faster this time, and Tord sat in the same spot as before. This time, Matt sat next to him. Tord read some hentai for a while, and he noticed Matt trying to look over his shoulder.

Tord could give less of a fuck if Matt saw his hentai, so he turned the book towards him. Matt's smile changed into a shocked expression as he looked at the hentai. His face reddened and he looked back at Tord. "You're always reading... t-that?" Matt questioned. Tord nodded and turned the book back towards himself. "It's hot." He commented, going back to reading.