40. Is He Thinking Of Hitting Me ?

Start from the beginning

"Hello, beautiful. Can I get you a drink ?" he asks me, winking at me.

I fake a gag and smile sweetly. "Hi." I then pull my arm from his grasp. "It would've been a pleasure, but since I've never seen you before, I will have to decline. Bye !" I say as fast as I can before walking away.

"Whoa, wait ! What's your name ?" he says, following me.

He can't get a hint, I think, rolling my eyes. "Stop with the flirting act. I am so not in the mood to deal with this shit." I tell him. "Plus, you're not my type : I don't like guys who harass girls at a party."

"Excuse me ?" he shouts, visibly angry. "You were asking for it, with the way you dressed !"

I face him, fire in my eyes. "Are you saying that because of the way I dress, you think I want to deal with your shit ? Men need to evolve, otherwise we're doomed." I mutter the last sentence to myself.

"I don't know who you think you are, but you can't talk to me like that !" he says while raising his hand.

Is he thinking of hitting me ? "Try hitting me once, and you won't be able to have children. Ever." I threaten and he chuckles.

"I'm not scared of a girl, you're weak and..." he starts talking until he looks behind me and gulps. "I have to go." he says and runs away.

"Hey, shorty !" Emmet says from behind me.

I turn around and squeal when I see my favorite Cullen. I jump in his arms. "I missed you !" I scream, hugging him. "Ouch." I mumble.

"Come on, I was charged to bring you to the others. We have to talk about serious stuff, now." he jokes and I follow him.

*****

After we survived from the dreadful crowd, he takes me to a big room where all the pack, Bella and the Cullen's already are sitting in.

When he sees me, Paul stands up and takes me in his arms protectively and growls at Emmet. I slap his arm and shush him.

"Let's start." Carlisle says. "Victoria and Gillian are the two vampires who were seen by Alexandra and Bella. Alexandra saw both, so we have to protect her the most. The first time, Gillian talked to her at the hospital, a public place. The second time, Victoria talked with her in the pack's territory. That means that our defenses a pretty weak.

"Bella didn't see any of them since the beginning, but an unknown vampire was smelled in her room and he also stole one of her shirt. We clearly believe they took her scent so that their army of vampire can attack her, by following her scent."

"The army is consisted of newborns, which means they are more powerful and ruled by their instincts. We can't defeat a whole army of them, which is why we are asking for your help." Jasper tells the pack and Sam nods.

"We will help."

"Fantastic !" Esme says.

I smile at her and she smiles back, her smile motherly. I feel a pang in my heart : she looks like Mom.

"They should attack in a week. I saw it in my visions." Alice adds and I freeze.

Visions ?

"What do you mean by visions ?" I ask her.

She waves at me before explaining. "I see visions of the future whether they relate to imminent danger, my family or vampires."

I nod and Paul kisses the top of my head absentmindedly.

*****

"Alice ? Could I talk to you, please ?" I ask her when everyone leaves the room.

Paul wanted to stay with me, but I brushed him off. He would've just distracted me.

"Of course !"

"I had visions, too, but of the past. My parent's past." I tell her and she frowns.

"You're a human, no ? Why would you have visions ?" she says and I sigh.

"That's precisely the problem. There is this legend, where it says that one woman from a shapeshifter family, will have special powers, but that she will die after her 17th birthday without her imprint's protection." I explain and she listens closely. "Billy thought I was this girl, because I had cancer and that it started worsening after my 17th birthday and..."

She cuts me off. "You had cancer ?"

"Yes. But it's better now, especially since I've discovered that I'm Paul's imprint, although..."

"You're Paul's imprint ? That's why you guys acted like a couple two minutes ago, when he kissed your forehead." she gushes and I blush madly.

"We are not a couple ! We are friends, who are learning how to know each other, before anything changes." I explains and she giggles.

"You are so smitten !" she sing-songs and I slap my forehead.

"Not the point. What I mean is, could there be a way for you to 'see' what's going on with me ?"

She thinks about it. "Whenever I try to 'see' Bella when she's with Jacob, it's quite difficult because of what he is. Since you're always with Paul, it'll be as difficult, if not more. But I can try !" she tells me cheerfully.

"Thank you so much !" I say, happy of the outcome.

"Don't tell anyone except Paul and your closest friends about this. I know that when I was human, they locked me in an asylum because they thought I was crazy." she tells me.

On that note, I shudder and thank her again.

Tell me what you think of the story so far...

Vote/Comment/Follow ! :)

O7/04/19 : #34 in sadness