🀈Chapter 4: How The Iron Maiden Rise 🀈

Start from the beginning

They finally made it out of the woods, but something was wrong there were no streets, no cars, no Mountain Ranger station. It was practically an empty field with only a few houses made out of wood and straw. "What the...Where's the town?" Koharu asked breathlessly as she stared at what anyone could say village. 'This can't be right...' Koharu thought as she started to run into the village.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Once Koharu and Hyakkimaru traveled through the village many people were giving the two teens dirty looks. "Excuse me sir, but what's going on here?" Koharu asked as she went up to a stranger wearing tattered traditional Japanese attire just like everyone else. The man was shorter than Hyakkimaru and nothing but skin and bones. He had bags under his eyes and he had every little hair on his head. "What are you talking about? Shouldn't you be in the forest doing your job?" The man asked bluntly. "Excuse me?" Koharu asked trying to contain her temper. " You heard me you wench you should be serving customers just like every other woman wearing such lecherous clothing." The man spat as Koharu clenched her hands into tight fists. Then the man had a sinister grin upon his face as he studied Koharu's attire. 

"If things are going slow for you I'm willing to spend a few Ryō if you show me what you're worth." The man said shrewdly just before he placed his boney hand on her shoulder. Suddenly in a flash Koharu gripped his forearm and bend it in a painful angle, the man screamed in agony just before he met a mortal kick to the stomach. "Listen here if I ever so much as hear a peep about that again. A fractured arm and a kick to the stomach is nothing compared to the punishment I'll have in store for you." Koharu said in a low tone before she took out her sword and shoved it into his face. "You'll pay for this you wench!!!" the man screamed out before he ran away crying out in pain and cradling his injured arm. Koharu turned around to see that many of the villagers stared at her at awe until a few local teenage girls ran up to Koharu with smiles on her faces.

"Thank you so much!"

"That man has been doing that to us for years."

"How were you able to do that?"

"Oh, that it was nothing," Koharu said as her cheeks started to heat up from the complaints she was receiving. "But can you tell me something?" Koharu asked after she brushed away the embarrassment. "Yes, what is it?" One of the girls inquired. "Where is the nearest inn?" Koharu asked with a smile. "My family runs an inn. You can stay there for the night free of charge. Your lover can also stay of course!" The girl said as her eyes sparkled with admiration. "Woah, Woah, Woah, there we are not lovers! We only just met...I mean we're traveling companions!" Koharu explained while her face was as red as an apple and she was swinging her arms out in distress. "Oh, I'm sorry I just assumed you two were Lovers. My mistake." The girl said as she placed a hand over her mouth in embarrassment. "Forget about that, so the room is free? Why?" Koharu asked in disbelief. "As thanks for getting rid of that shameful man." The girl explained.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Later that night the two teens got settled into the room as promised, but Koharu couldn't sleep. Her mind was filled with so many questions on what's going on however, one thing was certain Koharu was in the past...

And in one of the worst possible eras to be in...

The Sengoku Era!!!

"How is this even possible?" Koharu mumbled as she looked out of the window to stare at the full moon. 'How am I supposed to get back?' Koharu asked in her mind as she continues to stare at the moon. And then almost like the moon listened to girl's dismay a stream of moonlight hit the blade of her sword that was leaning up against the wall next to her backpack. Koharu saw the shine the blade was reflecting and suddenly got an idea. 'That's it!!!' Koharu quickly shot up from her seat and grabbed the sword and her backpack. Just before she opened the sliding door of the room she turned her head around to see Hyakkimaru still sleeping on the floor. Koharu simply gave the boy a sad smile before she silently left the room. What she didn't know was that the boy was awake the whole time. Hyakkimaru slowly sat up and stared at the door Koharu left open...