CHAPTER ONE

Sun rays poured in through my windows. I looked to my ceiling thinking (playing out)  what today will look like, I'll be hanging out with Rex and Dona this evening, It's been a  while. I've to prepare for my summer class which starts at 8am.  I look to my left l,  at my alarm clock, shit!, it was thirty minutes to 8 o'clock. I jumped off my bed and hurried to my bathroom to take a leak till.......
"Damian!!!!!, come down right this second" shouted my mother. I call her Maama.
  "Yes Maama, I'm on my way" I replied.  I'm scared for Maama,  at this rate she's going to end up having a heart attack or stroke cause she screams too much. Hell no! evil thoughts stay far away. I love Maama more than anything in this world. Nothing must happen to her.
I sped down the stairs railings, entering the kitchen I saw Maama setting the pot down in the middle of the table dishing out yam porridge. The food smelt delicious.
I rub my hands together pulling out a chair to sit,  suddenly I received a whack on my head,  "Go wash your hands pig"said Maama with her eyes squinted at me.
"Oh Maama you didn't have to smack my head for that" I said while rubbing my head.
"You didn't acknowledge my presence, I had to remind you, that's all"Maama said batting her lashes at me.
"Alright Maama,  I'm sorry about that, your food smelt too delicious, it took all my attention " I replied.  I went towards her and hugged her,  inhaling her lilac scent. I felt at peace.
  "Good morning Maama, how was your night? " I asked.
"It was fine baby boy, yours? " she replied.
"It was cool" I answered.  I'm sure you're probably wondering where my father is. My father abandoned Maama and I after he secured a job in the USA. That was six years ago and we never heard from him again.  I'm sure Maama hasn't gotten over him and I'm definitely still bitter about this matter.
I released Maama from the hug and went to wash my hands. There's nothing in this world as satisfactory as Maama's yam porridge, it was delicious.
"What are your plans today ?" Maama asked.
"I'll  be heading for classes —oh shit!! I have just twenty minutes to go " I shrieked.
"Oh yeah, that's a result of your laziness, shame on your generation, a very lazy one at that......... "Maama said.  I tuned her out and focused on finishing my food so I could be on time for class.
I rushed back upstairs after smacking a kiss against Maama's cheek hurriedly thanking her for a meal well cooked.
I spent ten minutes preparing and I shouted a good bye to Maama. I'm sure she's at the backyard talking to her "special" roses. I mentally smacked my face at this,  Maama and her spirituality.
I hurried along the road, school is three minutes away from my house.  I skipped happily down the road.  Yeah! I do not have a car,  well that's the way it is here in Nigeria. Entering the school gate,  I walked towards my class building,  SS3, hmm! here we are. Getting to my class, I saw my two friends Rex and Dona chatting with some of our classmates.  I went towards them and greeted them doing the "guy handshake" thing. "hey bro" Rex said smiling wildly.
  "How are you doing man" Dona said too.
"I'm fine" I replied.
"what's happening today?" I asked.
"I thought we already planned on having a night out today, it's been while since we've done something crazy " Rex said. 
"I totally agree,  I can't wait for tonight" Dona said rubbing his hands together with an evil gleam in his eyes.
"Oh yeah,  we're totally doing this, but be careful Dona, don't get no girl pregnant, we don't want more ugly bumpies like you around" I replied smirking.
"Ouch, that was hot, gimme one bro" Rex said laughing like a deranged goat.
Dona smiled too after smacking my head,  "payback is a bitch "he said shaking his fingers at me.
"Good morning everyone" a booming voice said.
"Good morning sir" we replied grudgingly. That's our physics teacher, Mr Aluko, a man who derives joy from seeing students fail.  That man is a whole vibe. Not the sarcasm.
"Today we'll be talking about the magnetic field........ " he continued to drone and I shut him out completely cause I've gone over this topic over the holiday and I'm sure I know more than this pathetic excuse for a teacher. Yeah,  I was born ready.  I was really looking forward to this night,  I can't believe I get to touch boobs this night, my pans were sweaty in anticipation. I really can't wait.  I'm sure you're wondering why I'm attending a boy's only school where there is no interaction with girls (apart from Maama and she's my mother and she's old). I really can't wait for tonight. Why is the day so slow, ugh!.
"Damian, Dami" the whole class was screaming my name.  I jerked up from my induced state only to see the principal standing at my front. "Damian, we've been calling you for a while now"he said while looking at me with a sad, almost dejected look on his face. I've never seen my principal sad,  he's the most jovial person in the fucked school.
"Come to my office" he said again. I stood up and followed him.
What is happening????.