"Do you need a ride home?" he looked at me. I wasn't sure since I had no idea if I was going home with Zac or not.

I looked around the parking lot, I wasn't even sure where Zac was, I began to reply to Aiden, "I think I-" all of a sudden my eyes stopped when I saw Zac.

I saw him standing in front of his car with his keys in his hands. He looked at me and smiled but his smile was not right for some reason. I looked at Aiden and he was looking around the parking lot. That's when I realised his arms were still around me and I felt my cheeks burn even more. I looked back at Zac he was looking at the ground and playing with his keys.

I stepped back from Aiden's hold and he turned around, " I think Zac is waiting for me," I smiled shyly.

"Oh good, well I'll see you tomorrow," he moved his bag on his shoulder, I waved at him as he began to walk away.

Okay Mia time to face the music, I began walking to Zac and I just felt so shy for some reason. Was it because he saw Aiden and me together in a hug? But why would it matter if Aiden and I were hugging. Just stop thinking Mia.

"You ready to go?" Zac asked as he began to walk to other side of the car. Okay that's weird, not even a hello or how was class?

I opened the door and got into the car. He started up his car before I even put on my seatbelt. Okay he's acting extremely weird. He didn't even care to check if I was wearing my seat belt.

For some reason I felt so awkward sitting in his car, like I shouldn't be here. I looked out the window as we drove past the streets. Maybe I should say something, but what do I say? I looked at Zac but his eyes were still on the road. Before I knew it he was parking the car in front of my house.

I opened the car door and began to step out, " What are you doing later?" I turned around to Zac and saw him looking at me but his expression was off. I didn't even know what to say. What was I doing tonight? Think Mia.

"Not sure, just working on my homework," I replied stepping out of the car.

"Well uhh do you want to hang out later?" he suggested. His hands were really tight around the steering wheel. Was he nervous?

"I don't know if I can I have a lot of homework to go through," I gave him an apologetic smile. I know he felt rejected because I said no. I mean we're finally talking and I can't even hang out with him. But I really can't because Agnes was unpredictable, I don't think she will let me out, actually I know she won't let me out.

"Oh Okay," he looked disappointed and started changing his gears. I closed the door and waved through the window as he drove off.

___________________________________

Zac:

I drove off leaving Mia in front her house; I can't believe she used a lame excuse like she had to do home work to blow me off. I don't get it, we're finally talking and now she doesn't even want to hang out.

I turned the corner to my street, remembering seeing her hug that new kid in front of school. Does she like him? She was blushing so much that she couldn't even look at him. I couldn't even look at them; I have no idea why it made me angry. I was so pissed seeing his arms around her like that, but I just put on a smile when she looked at me. I didn't want her to know that I was angry at her or anything. I had no idea why I was even pissed. I felt bad for acting so cold to her but I was just thinking about her liking him. It made me angry to see her happy with someone else when all she's been is upset with me.

I stopped the car in front of my house; maybe I should just check up on her later, maybe she'd change her mind. I walked into my house and I saw my mum cleaning the living room. " Hey mum," I walked up to her and kissed her cheek.