13. She Will Be Loved

She Will Be Loved

Tap on my window, knock on my door

I want to make you feel beautiful

I know I tend to get so insecure

It doesn’t matter anymore

It’s not always rainbows and butterflies

It’s compromise that moves us along, yeah

My heart is full and my door’s always open

You come anytime you want, yeah

- Maroon 5

“Please tell me something’s wrong with my ears so what I thought you said isn’t exactly what you said,” I beg her.

She gives me an apologetic smile, “I’m sorry, but you really are going to meet my mother today. She’s right outside the restaurant.”

I look back to the woman who still has her back towards us.

That’s her mother…

Oh, hell no.

I abruptly move my chair backward and duck down under the table.

“Taeyeon, what are you doing!?” I hear her harshly whisper above.

“I am not meeting your mother today!” I whisper back.

“You get out from under there right now and then we can talk like adults!”

“Screw adults! I’m staying here until your mother leaves!”

“Get up right this instant, young lady!”

“No!”

“Did you forget about the paparazzi? They’re looking towards our direction weirdly right this moment!”

“Screw them, too! Screw everybody! Well, not you, of course. Wait, I mean, yes, screw you.”

“Excuse me!?”

“I mean, yes, I would love to screw you but you won’t let me until your divorce is finalized.”

“Kim Taeyeon! By that logic, you want to screw everyone because you just said ‘screw everybody’!”

Pure horror dawns on me and in my panic to explain, I accidentally hit the top of my head on the table.

I hiss and rub my head furiously.

“No, no, no. T-That’s not what I-I meant! ‘Screw you’ has multiple meanings. When I say ‘screw’ adults and everyone else, I mean for them to ‘fuck off’. But when I say it to you, well, I’m sure you know what I mean.”

I extend my hand forward and rub her inner thigh.

I yelp out loud when I see her foot coming my way, missing my gorgeous face by a millimeter.

“Do not touch me like that in public and do not use such foul language around me!”

My lips curve downwards. I don’t reply to her as my attention is put on to the shoes of the other customers in this room.

I want a new pair of shoes…

Would Tiffany like a new pair of shoes as well?

“Taeyeon?”

Oh, I have that meeting with the CEO of my agency this month.

Should I renew my contract again?