Chapter 7

I woke up to a new day, ready to get my point. The thoughts of my parents and the forced marriage were not bothering me as much anymore. I guess my new goal in life made me focus more on Jones, and somehow it made me happier. He is funny but scary at the same time, so I have to be careful from now on.

 I went downstairs with my spongebob pyjama with a plan in mind. I walked towards the kitchen table and I saw lots of food on it. Breakfast. Jones was sitting there, eating breakfast with a phone in one hand.

"Is that Lucy again?" I asked him while taking a seat.

"None of your business Mariana." He told me without looking up, it's starting to make me crazy.

"Hey Jane" I told her as I saw her entering the kitchen.

"Hey Mariah, did you sleep well?" She asked me with a smile on her face.

"Yes I did, what about you?" I asked her, retuning the smile.

"I was sleeping just fine. What are you going to do today?" She asked me, still standing up.

"What I did yesterday." I told her.

"And what was that?" She asked me, her eyes curios.

"Nothing." I said with a wide smile, trying not to laugh at my own joke, at least Jane was laughing.

Sudden pain came to my stomach and I flinch.

It's today isn't it? 

Fuck

I ran to the bathroom in the first floor and closed the door behind me. I am screwed. I didn't see any blood on my yellow pyjama so I decided not to look somewhere else. I needed to get pads before it's too late. I walked out of the bathroom and went to my room. I changed to black shorts and a simple red t'shirt. Even if I had blood, you wouldn't notice. I went downstairs again, back to the kitchen. Jones was still there, now looking up at me. I couldn't see Jane anywhere.

"Where is Jane?" I asked Jones. He ignore.

"I am going out." I told him before I left the kitchen. I heard heavy foot steps behind me and I got kind of mad. He is unbelievable.

"To where exactly?" He asked in his low voice as he blocked the door.

"None of you business." I told him as I tried to walk past him. Tried was the key word.

"To where?" He asked and looked bothered.

"To the mall, now get out go my way Jones." I told him and tried to walk past him again.

"I told you you should laugh more, at least laugh until you are not as fat as the door!" I told him, now more mad than before.

"You are not going out Mariana and that's final. If I see you leave this house, you will sleep outside today. The choice is yours." He said and walked past me, not blocking the door anymore.

"It's important Kevin." I told him, my voice sounded a little sad.

He turned around.

"What's so important about going to the mall?" He asked and rolled his eyes.

"I need to get something." I told him and looked down on the floor, too afraid to answer his next question.

"What is so important that you need to get Mariana?" He asked, his eyes full of confusion.

"Stop calling me Mariana! You know it's not my real name, so just stop! I hate it when you do it, it's like I am no one, it's like you are too good to even remember my name so just stop it! And about the mall, forget it! I don't need to explain myself to you! I don't care if I will have to sleep outside today, I am going to the mall whether you like it or not!" I was yelling at him with all of the energy that I had left.