"Yea, I do. But niggas outside don't determine if ima wear something or not." I truthfully said.

He made a lil whatever face but remained silent. Len has been my friend long enough to know dat I genuinely just don't give a fuck. I don't live my life trying to please men. I wear what I wana wear, not caring if they'll like it or think anything of it.. really.

Nobody's opinion really matters to me when it comes down to it. Besides a select few people—Len has become one of those people. I trust his opinions and advice, and I'll always appreciate it but let me do me.

"Let me holla at you." Von said to Jhasi, who was too busy talkin' to Tay to even see him approaching them.

She looked up at him and turned her attention back to Tay. I sighed. I don't know why her ass be tryna play Von like he soft or somethin but she know he's far from it.

If I don't intervene right now, my brother will probably really end up fuckin Jhasmine up out here.

"I'll be right back," I told Len as I approached my friend. "Jhasi. It's too many people out here right now. Go inside and get y'all shit sorted out." I told her.

"Fuck you round here for, nigga?" I heard Bryson's deep voice as I quickly turned around. I frowned to myself. Here we go again.

"I'a hit yo jack later, shorty. You know I ain't for da extra shit." Len said to me. I nodded my head.

"Weak ass niggas." Bryson nonchalantly called out.

"Yea, aight. I walk dis mufucka vest free ona daily." Len said as he walked away and got into his car.

Bryson looked down at me and shook his head before he walked away too. I turned around, lookin for Jhasi and Von, who were nowhere in sight now. I walked into the house and looked at a pissed off Von.

"On God, Jhasmine, you be doin' some foul shit." Von told my friend.

"Boy, fuck you. You not my nigga, right?" Jhasi asked him. Von glared at her before he quickly walked over to where she was standing and wrapped his hands around her neck.

"Get yo fuckin hands off her, nigga!" I yelled at my brother as I pulled him off of her. When they were finally separated I looked at him in disgust before I slapped him as hard as I could.

"Don't you ever put yo hands on her again, Von. I'm not fuckin around. She's a good girl— she don't deserve dis shit." I told my brother before I grabbed Jhasi's hand and walked out of Von's house.

"I'ma head to my mama's house for the night. I'm not dealing with Von's bullshit tonight. You ok to drive?" Jhasi asked me. I nodded my head.

"I'm ok to drive. Call to let me know you made it. I love you. Don't come back over here tonight. I'm not playing, Jhasi. Shit needs to simmer down." I hugged my friend before we went our separate ways.

Bryson's car was gone and when I finally realized it, I sighed. I'ma go over to his house to try to talk to him because I know his temper. Bryson is too hotheaded, and he'll really end up tryna kill Len.

I know Len too doe, and he'll be damned if he let a nigga take his life. I know that this is between two grown ass men but if I don't try to defuse this situation, these niggas will literally die trying to kill each other.