The Hooder The Better

I left my job at Children's hospital ready to break down. But instead I knew I still had things to do. I stopped at the bank and deposited my check, then to my mother's to drop off some clothes for my little sister, then lastly I stopped at Subway to pick me up some dinner.

I walked in and saw the huge as line and almost walked back out but I know if I don't eat now i won't eat at all. As the line moved I heard someone calling my name. I turned around to find none other then Quincy. Everyone calls him Hood but that name doesn't even sound right coming out of my mouth.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to the front as the line moved again.

"Come on Khi you heard me calling you."

"I am really not in the mood to deal with you today Quincy."

"What's wrong baby? Who ass I need to kick?"

"Well then i guess you'll be kicking your own." I said stepping forward to place my order.

"Hi yes can I have your footlong Chicken Bacon ranch without the ranch on Italian herbs and cheddar with pepperjack cheese."

"So you're just going to ignore me?"

"I'm trying to. But you keep talking." As I moved to the next person and he placed his order.

"What would you like on your sandwich?"

"Can i have everything but onions and pickles, with spicy mustard and vinegar."

"Okay would you like to make this a meal?"

"Yes can I have two macadamians and a pink lemonade."

After i got my food i walked outside to my car only to hear Hood calling my name again.

"What the fuck do you want Quincy damn I'm trying to go home?"

"Damn girl what stick done crawled up your ass. I'm only trying to talk to you."

"Well talk we go through this shit everyday and you don't never got shit to talk about. So what is it you can possibly want now? You're conceited, an asshole, and you're not my fucking type, so leave me alone, don't follow me, don't talk to me, don't even speak my name."

He looked stunned, out of the two years i'd known him i'd never blown up on him, today was just one of those days. He threw his hands up in surrender, I watched him walk to his car and drive off hopefully not out of my life. I drove home where I stayed with my aunt.

I'm currently waiting on a settlement from my last apartment burning down, while saving up to get a new one. My aunt had never been able to have kids so she welcomed me like her own. I guess you can say i'm cute, light skinned but purely black, my hair is cut halle berry style since it was always nappy, my eyes are hazel, with a round face.

My ass is mediocre, while my boobs are a "d" cup and a small tummy and waist line. I'm 145 pounds and 5'2. I graduated high school at 15 and finally at 21, today was my first official day as a neo-natal nurse. My father died when i was only 4 my mother had just given birth to my sister not even a week before when she got a call telling her my father had driven his car off a bridge. Suicide.

My mom and I had never gotten along she said I reminded her too much of him. So no matter how hard i tried i was never good enough. Even skipping two grades didn't make her proud of me she didn't even come to my graduation. But she doted on my little sister at 17 Annemarie was spoiled rotten nobody couldn't tell her the world didn't revolve around her so I tried keeping my distance.

So while in college i stayed with my aunt. I have an older sister and brother and also a younger sister. My sister Yazmine and I were best friends and did practically everything together and my brother James hung out with Hood. Anyways after eating my food and having a good long cry in the shower I put on my pink pajama pants with my white spaghetti strap top and went to bed.

**********************

I was laying in bed the next morning when I got a call from my sister.

"I know your butt is not still sleeping."

"I had a bad day yesterday Yaz I'm entitled."

"Yesterday was your first day. Meet me at Jojo's in 25 and we can talk all about it."

"But Yaz-"

"No buts. My treat." She interrupted.

"Alright alright i'm getting up now."

"You better be. See you in 25."

I hopped out of bed and un wrapped my hair, combed it out and put a pair of grey leggings, a long sleeved black v neck t-shirt with beautiful across the front and some white footies with my black ugg boots while throwing on my grey peacoat.

My aunt still wasnt home when I left out but it wasn't nothing new. I got to the shop and hung my coat up on a rack.

"Hey Khiley."

"Hey Jojo, Yaz here yet?"

"Yeah she's in the back washing her hands. You can gone sit in your regular seat we don't even open for another hour."

I sat down pulling off my socks and boots. Yazmine came from the back and sat next to me.

"Hi sissy. How was it yesterday?"

"They fucking screwed me over."

"What why do you say that?" She asked as the ladies started on our pedicure. After explaining what happened to her she had tears running out of her eyes.

"So they knew that was going to happen?"

"Yes as the lady put it they wanted to make sure I could handle the job. I might've gotten that far by being smart but I needed to show them I could handle my emotions. So they gave me today off to get myself together and i'm back tomorrow."