chapter twenty-eight

Start from the beginning

"You did what?" Harry nearly screamed. The girl let go of Niall and back at us with a surprised look. "What the hell are you on?"

"I thought she was one of those clingy girls you couldn't get rid of!" the girl retaliated.

"Who is she!" I cried out exasperatedly.

Everyone turned to me and my heaving, nearly hysterical state. Niall spoke up. "Jenson, because your boyfriend is so terribly impolite, I'll do the honors of introducing you to his sister, Gemma."

I gasped quietly and covered my mouth with my hand. Oh my god. His sister? I'd just totally been rude to his sister? His sister had just been totaly rude to me?

"Boyfriend?" Gemma snapped, looking from me to Harry. Harry ran a hand down his face and groaned.

"Well, maybe not after he apparently didnt tell his own sister about the fact that I was his girlfriend," I snapped. He lied, he'd told me they knew. He lied to me over and over again, and that fact alone scared me.

Harry groaned again, looking down at me apologetically. "Babe, I'm sorry, I couldn't tell her."

"You couldn't tell me?" Gemma hissed.

"You told me your family knew." I said, looking up at Harry. He ran his fingers roughly through his hair and his extended his arm out to touch me. I immediately shied away from his touch and took a step back. All in the span of five minutes I had been completely shattered over the fact that Harry was seeing someone else, relieved that it was just his sister, and then shattered all over again at the fact that she knew nothing of me. I felt like crying and he must've noticed how upset I was by the look in my eyes.

He threw his arms up in agitation. "They do know, Jen! My mum, my gran, my grandpa, they all know about you!" Harry assured me, "Hell, my mum's begging to meet you."

"They what?" Gemma seethed. Harry realized what he'd just admitted and cursed under his breath.

"Gemma, if I'd told you then this whole thing would've happened the day after we'd started dating and I was not ready for this kind of interaction yet." Harry reasoned. She narrowed her eyes.

"The first real girlfriend you've had in years and you can't even tell your own sister about it?" she screeched.

"Yeah, Harry, what the hell man? I can't believe you." Niall interjected with sarcasm. I stifled a laugh, because of course Niall would interrupt a serious and heated moment like this and try to lighten the mood. Harry only glared.

"Niall get the fuck out."

Niall placed a hand over his heart and feigned sadness. "I'm hurt."

"I don't understand why you'd tell everyone in your family about me except your sister." I snapped, looking up at Harry with hurt eyes. "I mean, you let me meet your dad and your step-mum who you don't even particularly like, but you didn't even tell your sister about me!"

"She met dad?" Gemma gasped. "You introduced her to dad before you introduced her to us?"

"He was in town, I let it slip I was seeing someone and he demanded to meet her." Harry explained quickly.

"I can't believe this." Gemma hissed.

"Me neither." I scoffed.

"I didn't want her to be up here interrogating you two days after we started dating, Jen!" Harry tried to explain.

"I wouldn't have come across town and interrogated her." Gemma argued, but Harry and Niall both gave her pointed looks that said Yes you would've. She temporarily forgot that she was mad about me meeting her father and concentrated on being mad over the fact that she didn't even know about my existence. Gemma sighed and shook her head, running her fingers through her hair with a stressful look which reminded me a lot of the habit her brother seemed to have. "Okay so I probably would've, but that's not an excuse for you and mum and gran and grandpa to keep this from me for God knows how long!"