Chapter 12: The Kid

Sans' point of view.

I'm gonna regret this. I made that promise so long ago but in this timeline it's only been 3 days but to me, it's been years, probably decades. Gaster has kept track on how many resets there has been and how long it's been since the original fall. So many saves, resets, loads, I can still remember the sun hitting my skull, the feeling of freedom. The kid has had this coming for so long. I just hope the lady behind the door can forgive me for breaking her promise.

I take (y/n)'s hand and pull her up from the ground. I think she's the only monster to actually make me laugh, mostly cause each time I see the other monsters, it's just a repeat of the same shit from before. Maybe one bit of dialogue is different. Heh, now I'm even acting as if all of this is just a game.. so much pain and suffering. I'm just rambling again, let's get back to the point.

After she brushes herself off from the snow I say "we should probably patrol down the rest of the path for any humans anyway." I look at her features to notice a glare in her eyes, she knows I'm covering something up. At least she doesn't know what. But anyways, I want to know what the kid will do when they meet (y/n). What's the worst that could happen? Another reset? I think I've gone numb to them at this point. We were crossing the bridge when (y/n) speaks up out of nowhere "so, your brother wants to join the guard? I can easily do that, it's just.. the training is so rough and I don't know how well he could handle it..." I look at her with this lost puppy expression and she continues "I... know the royal judge when I see them. Kinda one of the beings I have to watch over as the head of the royal guard. Though undyne wouldn't know anything since the head of the royal guard before me told me what to look out for. Anyway, I swear I won't tell anyone. I know that's a job only select few should know about..." I literally felt my soul skip multiple beats and I knew my eye sockets were pitch black at this point "n-not even the k-king knows my p-position! Th-thats not something you j-just say out loud!!" I say completely soulless. She looked down at the snow with a very whispered 'sorry.' I instantly regretted yell at her, shit I feel so stupid now. On instinct, I wrap my arms around her in a hug, saying "I-I'm sorry too, I've just been snapping at random things and it's your job to look out for me." I feel her arms wrap around me and I see a faint (f/c) glow from the area her skull. Was she..... blushing? I pull away from her to one see her features become more flustered. That's.. really adorable. "U-uhh sorry, I d-dont get hugs often." She said looking away so there wasn't too much attention to her. She then snaps her head back over at me and continues "sans, are you alright? Your crying.." I lift my had up to feel tears falling down my face "I just really hope my plan works, I can't stand these resets anymore." I say, wiping away the blue tears. "What is a reset anyways? You said about it a couple times" she asks either complete concern. I sigh then say "A reset, not unlike a video game, is when you die you start back from the beginning. Well there is someone that controls these resets that you'll be meeting shortly. Everyone around me doesn't remember them, but I do, I remember when they killed everyone, saved everyone. So many times I saw papyrus turn to DUST." My fists are clenching on my sides and my teeth are gritting. I feel her arms go under mine and softly hug me. She then says in a soft whisper "Whoever they are, I will make sure there won't be anymore death and you WON'T have to suffer anymore. And.. from what your describing this being has... more power then any monster I know of. Is this true?" I nod my head in response, barrying my skull into her shoulder and hugging tightly. "Well, if that's true, they have a one way ticket to hell, and I think the devil himself has been waiting." She then had an angred tone in her voice. She slowly retracts from the second hug in the last 10 minutes.

Your point of view

You and sans start to continue walking until sans got a panic look in his face and pulls you into the trees around you and then down to hid in a bush. You try to protest but got your mouth covered by sans' skeletal hand. He then points to a purple door you didn't notice to see a human child walk out with a dust covered knife in hand. He then whisper into where my ear would be and say "I will teleport in front of them and you can sneak up behind. They will be completely confused because it's not what I normally do. So make the sneak quick, they'll be suspicious." You nod in response and sans teleports away. After he's gone you summon your soul to see it's thumping hard, like a really fast heart beat. You haven't even been here that long and you have a crush on the second skeleton you've seen.