14

Calebs POV

  I ran my hands through my hair, frustrated. Months have passed and still no sign of Anais. The maps left behind were no help at all. All the paths that were outlined led to an empty cave in the middle of the woods. There was no sign that Anais has been around the cave at all. No smell, no tracks, nothing. I was getting more frustrated by the minute and to make matters worse there have been no attacks, leading me to believe that the next attack will be on this pack. Most of the remaining packs have already arrived at my territory and they've been working extra hard to make sure were ready for the next attack. I slump in my seat, at this rate everyone is going to be wiped out. Minutes later my office door opens and Will walks through it, pushing someone through the door and onto the floor. "Alpha one of the guards found him trying to leave the territory. They said that when they ordered him to stop he said it was his job." I look at the person in front of me, I have no idea who he is but by now we have so many people in the pack territory that it's hard to know who's who. He doesn't look like someone from my original pack so he must be one of the refuges. "What pack did you belong to?" He stays quite and stays looking at the floor. He moves his head and looks up at me. 

  It was a brief second but his iris changed. For a split second they looked stretched and elongated, like a cats but they seemed normal now. Maybe my imagination made it looked like that I was after all, tired and sleep deprived, but I wasn't too sure. I've only seen eyes like that on Anais. Could he be a demon? Or was he something else? No he had to be a demon, I only saw Anais eyes like that when she was talking to her demon subordinate. "I'm from your pack alpha." Will bristles and I quite him. "Will do you remember any prayers?" The guy gives me a quick glare. "Prayers? like from church?" I nod and keep my eyes on the man on the floor. "If you remember any start saying it." I didn't know if it was gonna work as far as I know it works on shows but this wasn't a show. Vampires weren't sparkly and werewolves didn't go crazy when there was a full moon. Will looked at me with skepticism but started saying the prayer anyway. The guy looked at the ground and started shaking, he looked like he was laughing. "You think a little prayer like that is gonna do anything to me? I'm not some lower demon." Suddenly he started changing. 

  His skin started turning scaly and dark orange. His iris stretched like a cats and he had a smirk on his face, a sharp tooth peeking from behind his lip. "You're a demon?" Will stared at him wide eyed, never having seen a demon change. I wasn't as surprised by his change, I'd seen Anais change and her appearance was far scarier that him. "Who are you working for?" He grinned and looked at Will. I could see the nervousness coming off of Will in waves and the demons eyes looked delighted. "Will get out." Will's eyes reached mine, I could see he was scared. He's never dealt with a demon before and while I hadn't dealt with one either, I had spent time with Anais. "Alpha I can't leave you with this thing here. No, I'm staying here." I growled frustrated. "I am Alpha. What I say goes. Don't forget your place Beta." We stared at each other challenging each other, but we're brought out of it by a sudden laugh. The demon was laughing as he kneeled on the floor, his shoulders shaking. "This is the almighty alpha and his beta. The one I'm supposed to spy on?! I can't believe it, you guys are ridiculous." His laughter lowly started dying out and I was beyond pissed. 

  With a swift kick to his stomach I sent the demon flying to the wall across the room. The demon hit the wall hard and then fell to the floor in a heap, the only thing showing he was still alive was the rhythmic movement of his chest. "You're gonna tell me who you work for and you're gonna take me to them." I swiftly walked to the demon and pulled him up from his collar. "And if I refuse?" His eyes showed his defiance and I smirked. "I'm not gonna kill you but I'm sure you won't miss a few of your fingers." He glared at me and I dragged him out of my office making my way to the cellars, where we kept prisoners. Many of my pack members looked at me and then to the demon and gasped. Will was following behind me his face not showing how scared he really was. I know Will and his eyes can't hide anything from me. Opening the cellar door  I walked in and threw the demon against the wall hearing a satisfying crack. "You'll tell me what you know and I'll be sure to spare some body parts." The demon groaned and spit at my feet. I grabbed a hold of his hair and smashed his head against the wall, not enough to kill but enough to knock him out. He slumped against my arm and let him fall to the floor. "Will help me tie him to the chair." I felt Will move behind him and I stared at the unconscious demon on the floor. I'll know his secrets soon enough.