v. TAKE A HIT

"WHERE WERE YOU LAST NIGHT?" A suspicious Charlotte Grey interrogated as Auriga Black sat down for breakfast late the next morning

"WHERE WERE YOU LAST NIGHT?" A suspicious Charlotte Grey interrogated as Auriga Black sat down for breakfast late the next morning. Eleanor and Violet also shared glares of conspired betrayal.

"It's already 9:15, we got here at 9, you were supposed to be down here already," The blonde added while glancing the girl up and down suspiciously.

Auriga's mouth was agape as she slowly grabbed a spoon full of hashed potatoes to place on her dish. "I don't know what you three are talking about."

"Then how come I heard the door creak at almost 10?" Violet questioned with her eyebrow slightly arched.

The tired girl shook her head slowly as her cheeks became hot. "You guys are mental, I had forgotten something in the common room."

Charlotte's head cocked slightly as she snapped back at her, "I guess forgetting something in the common room takes 50 minutes to complete."

Auriga furrowed her brows as she dropped her fork in shock. "Are you inciting that I-"

"I'm just suggesting ideas, because we would like an explanation," The ginger defended herself with a calm tone to her words as she cut her off.

As her mind buzzed for a smart reply, her wandering eyes landed on the Gryffindor table and she made unexpected contact with Oliver Wood's gaze as he waved to her. Burning red with embarrassment, she quickly darted her focus away and looked to her plate. Violet caught a glimpse of her shared look with the boy but kept quiet as Eleanor and Charlotte were chuckling amongst themselves.

A bang echoed through the room as Auriga stood up, throwing her bag on the table. Startled 1st years squeaked and even some 5th years were gawking at the enraged girl. She had always been witty and sarcastic in nature, but it was a rare sight to see her in a furious manner. 

"I've had it! All three of you are deranged if you believe I'm just some whore sleeping with anyone!" The brunette exclaimed as she stepped out of the bench. She began to exit the Great Hall with eyes squinted until Charlotte retorted back to her a little too loud.

"Well it takes one to know one, according to what you told everyone about me!"

Before Auriga could respond, a voice she knew too well called out to the ginger.

"Oi! My favorite girl in the world, Charlotte the harlot," Vance Rula exclaimed with a crooked grin tugging at his corners.

Auriga opened her eyes to see the boy standing in front of her, her gaze blurry with anger. "Rula, you really can't take a hint, can you? We'll see how well you take a hit though."

As Charlotte began to open her mouth to warn her friend to stop, Auriga's fist collided with Vance's jawline.

•••