There was Chaeyoung, but she didn't have a car and everyone knew that her father wouldn't let the brunette teenager borrow his van and he sure as hell wouldn't take them to Boston. It would have been more plausible if Jennie were to be going with both of her friends, since Lisa had her car and Chaeyoung would be able to tag along.

With those facts on the table, that had ruled both of her friends out as a cover to go to the large city. Unfortunately, that left the blonde with very few options and her date with Jisoo was looking quite grim. How was she going to tell Jisoo that she could not come up with an excuse to go to Boston with her? She couldn't tell Minjee about their relationship, that was quite dangerous and she was quite sure that the older woman would agree.

Then her phone buzzed inside of her kangaroo pocket and a smile immediately spread across her lips. Even when her thoughts were going into a downward step, any peep from the brunette just lifted her spirits. But then the thought of Jisoo and Boston sent a rock to the pit of her stomach. She had to tell the teacher of her dilemma. So, she started off with checking the message displayed on her screen with a dumb smile.

Hello! I'm sorry I was unable to reply right away, I was grading a few papers. You aren't bothering me. I honestly need a break. Are you having fun in... Aren't you in detention?

Yes, I am. Shhh... I'm a bad girl, I know.

Jennie smirked and hit send. She didn't care if that sounded flirty or not, because really, that was her original intention. Jisoo wouldn't mind, surely? After all, they were far more closer than they had been. It wasn't long before she received a message back which had made an even larger smile break out on her face.

You sure are a naughty girl, aren't you? I suppose a lesson must be taught, yes?

Holy shit. Jisoo said that. All that was missing was a winking face.

You just might.

Then you shall receive your punishment tomorrow night, Miss Kim.

Jennie couldn't help but to gawk at the screen of her phone, the message never leaving the blonde's sight as she reread the words several times over. What the hell did that mean, exactly? Was she insinuating something... sexual? Fuck, did Jennie really need to find a solution to her problem because she sure as hell wasn't going to pass something like that up.

About that, I don't have an adequate excuse to tell MJ so I can go to Boston.

She bit her lip and hit send. She knew that she could have continued the little charade, but really, there would be no game if she didn't try to work this out with Ms. Kim first. It was something that needed to be done, especially considering that she might just be leaving in a little over twenty-four hours.

Perhaps Jisoo would be more level-headed and able to come up with a better solution than Jennie had that wouldn't end in total failure. As she wait for the reply, Jennie looked around the room for a moment. That's when she noticed Jefferson staring at her with narrowed eyes and an angry scowl. Wonderful.

Jennie offered him a sneer in return before turning her body to check her phone after it had buzzed to life once again with another message from the brunette teacher. Oh, good god, did she hope that he wasn't watching her right now under suspicion because she really couldn't afford getting her phone taken away.

Don't you have a friend that lives up in Boston? Hanbin, is it?

Upon reading that message, the blonde wanted to hit herself. She very nearly forgotten about Hanbin who lives in Boston. That would be the perfect excuse to go up there tomorrow night. It was her birthday, after all, and she could "tour Boston with Hanbin."