•chapter six•

jessie's pov
friday

i went downstairs to get the kid's lunches ready for school. when i got to the kitchen i saw rhett and link in the livingroom on the couch, asleep with their heads leaning on each other. then i got closer and saw they were holding hands. i thought it was really cute and adorable so i took a picture to show them what they looked like later. i went back to making the lunches because we were going to be late.

the kids came down when they were done getting ready and saw them on the couch. "why are they holding hands?" locke asked while they were both laughing. "they fell asleep and it probably just fell like that." i tried to be sensible with them but laughed. it hit eight o'clock so we had to head out so we werent late again..

time skip
rhett's pov

i woke up to my phone dinging. it was jessie.

jessie: i took the kids to school and went to work. love you.. (btw you two looked really cute this morning so i took a pic) haha
rhett: oh yeah, i forgot that happened
jessie: you guys looked so comfy. look
*picture sent*
rhett: thats amazing lol. thanks for that, im gonna show link when he wakes up. have a good day at work
jessie: thank you. x
read

i looked at the picture more because i just thought it was cute. link was now leaning back on the couch, still asleep. i decided to sent the picture to our friend chloe but when i sent it, it said it sent to christy. "shit." i was about to delete it from the messages but is said she already read it.

rhett: im really sorry christy, i didnt mean to send that.
christy: why are you guys even touching each other like that.
rhett: we fell asleep watching tv
christy: yeah ok, i knew you guys loved each other more than friends. im telling jessie
rhett: christy, she was the one that took the picture. who else would have taken in? she sent me it
christy: shit.. ill find a way to ruin your guy's friendship one way or another
rhett: youre acting like a child.
read

after i texted christy, i got up slowly and got breakfast, i ate it at the counter since i didnt want to wake link. as i was eating, i was just watching him sleep since the counter is facing the livingroom. i could see him, he looked so peaceful and adorable. wait i dont like him like that. christy is wrong. i think...

after i ate, i went to take a shower because i was just bored and was thinking too much. once again, of course. cause thats all my mind does, is make me sad.

link's pov

when i woke up i heard the shower running upstairs so i knew it was rhett. i dont know why i was up on the couch like this but i was. i didnt rememberer what happened.. rhett's phone was on the table so i checked the time. it was almost one PM already. i was finally hungry for once in over two months. i didnt let that feeling go away as i got up and went to the kitchen to eat. anything, just something, i didnt care what it was. i grabbed the cereal, milk and a bowl and started making me a bowl. as i was making it, rhett walked down. i tried to be nonchalant about everything but i was shaking.

rhett's pov

i walked downstairs to see if link was still asleep and when i got there, he was in the kitchen making a bowl of cereal. "hey, youre up." "y-yeah." his words stumbling out of his mouth very shakily. "do you want to see a picture that jessie took?" i laughed trying to lighten the mood. "sure." he laughed back. it made me smile to hear him laugh again. i got my phone from off the table and put up the picture. i sat down next to him to show him. "why are we holding hands?" his 'genuine' laugh came out of him mouth after he asked. "i dont know, but jessie thought it was cute so she took a picture." "i mean i think its cute." i looked over and saw a huge smile on links face. i didnt reply becomes i didnt know what to say. did i think it was cute? no i have a wife, not a husband..

after he ate i had to finally talk to him, more in detail. "link can you come sit down please?" "er, yeah sure. whats up?" he walked over slowly and he seemed very nervous. "link.. whats going on?" "what do you mean? you know whats going on." "no not the christy thing. the eating thing.." i said softly trying not to make the situation worse. "what eating thing?" "link, please dont play dumb. youve lost so much weight since you and christy started to fight non stop." "um, er. well. um i-i just dont get hungry a-anymore i guess." his voice was so shaky. "we might have to go to the doctors then.. youve been losing weight link. thats not good." "b-but i was hungry today. i-i cant go to the doctors rh-rhett. i c-cant." "why not?" i placed my hand on his knee. "it will make things w-worse.." "no it wont buddy... just tell me, have you been eating meals?" "not full ones.. and i throw up all the time after i eat." he said in a quiet tone. "okay... can i just take you. im worried about you link." "o-okay.."
TO BE CONTINUED

word count: 975

hey guys, hope u liked it. dont forget to vote down below! ~mia <3