TWELVE: ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY

Comincia dall'inizio

"Me too" He said, standing up. Alex threw her bag over her shoulder and took Rafael's hand, teleporting back to the school. Alexandra used her towel to dry her hair as they walked through the Main Hall. Alaric turned the corner in front of the couple, looking at them in confusion. "Why are you two wet?" He asked. "We took a shower" Once she realized what she said, she quickly cleaned up her previous statement, "Separately! Two VERY separate showers." "You know what? I'm not even gonna question it. Assembly in the Grand Hall in twenty minutes" Alaric walked past the two. They broke into laughter as they ran off to their separate rooms. Alexandra straightened her hair before changing her clothes. She dressed in jeans, a white flowing top, a jean jacket, and a pair of slip on sneakers. When she was finished dressing, she headed towards the Grand Hall where she saw Kaleb and Alaric having a conversation.

They seemed to be finishing up just as Alex walked past but Kaleb grabbed her and pulled her into the conversation. "I'll go if Xan comes with us" He said, slinging an arm over her shoulder. "Fine" Alaric responded. "Wait, what? No!" She complained. "Sorry, sis. It's too late. You're in. But... if we're going to some Podunk town, you know, we can't roll up in that slick-ass Salvatore bus. We got to stay low-key" He said. "I'm one step ahead of you" Dr. Saltzman walked off. "But I was supposed to spend break with Raf" Alex said as they went into the Grand Hall. "And you will, as soon as we get back" He patted her shoulders before taking a seat behind her. Soon after, Rafael entered and sat to the right of Alexandra. "So, change of plans. Kaleb roped me into going on a road trip with him and Dr. Saltzman" She said. "The twins too" Kaleb added. "And the twins" She said.

"That sucks but it's cool. We can hang when you get back" Raf wrapped his arm around his girlfriend. Everyone quieted down as the Assembly began. "All right, everyone, listen up. Absolutely no one leaves campus unless you're in the custody of your guardian. Now, with the full moon approaching, this rule especially applies to our wolves. Now, you know the drill. Vampires to your dorms. Wolves to your bunkers. Absolutely no exceptions. Just because we have a cure for werewolf bites doesn't mean they won't hurt like hell. Now, for those of you who are staying behind, we have some activities planned to ensure that your..." MG handed Alaric a slip of paper, "Vacation will be the... dopest, coldest spring break ever! All right, here's MG, everybody." Alaric moves aside, allowing MG to step up.

"Are your mom and dad... dead? No place for you in human society? Does being alone leave you triggered? If your answer to any of these questions is yes, it's okay. The Holiday Committee has your back" He continued as Kaleb tapped Raf's arm.  "Hey, bro. I need you to do me a favor. Can you look after him while we're gone on this trip with Dr. S.? MG's doing this little "happy act" thing, but...he gets really weird around holidays" Kaleb asked. "Why?" Rafael asked. "His family. They... they never invite him home. So, you know, just... hit up his little events and" Alexandra elbowed her boyfriend when he groaned softly. " Come on, man, it's-it's the least you can do. Especially after getting down and dirty with the love of his life" Kaleb said. Now Alex was the one groaning. That was a memory that she did not wanna remember.

Rafael began looking around at his fellow students, shocked that they knew of his infidelity. "Oh, yeah, everybody knows. Yeah, them, too. They know. So..." The vampire lead off. "All right, uh, whatever, bro. Me and... and Lan will hang with your boy, all right? It's not like we have anything else to do" Rafael said. "Yeah, Nate will too. He's friends with MG anyway" Alex said. He and Kaleb dapped each other before Kaleb sat back in his chair. When the assembly was over, it was time for them to get on the road. Alexandra took her merry time saying goodbye to Rafael. The two stood in the door way making out for at least ten minutes. "Alexandra Jenna Salvatore, if you don't come on. Y'all are acting like this is goodbye forever" Kaleb walked past them. Alex rolled her eyes, pulling her face away from Raf. She pecked his lips one last time, "Ok, this is goodbye."