Ep. 1-Part 2~ Meeting

December 2013~ Minneapolis

“Stay back!" the Doctor shouted as he held up a small silver device with a blue tip.

"How can you fight me with that?" she laughed. His eyes moved from the woman and landed on me.

"Bring your friend over here, I can save her" I nodded and pulled Mae's left arm around my neck, who was now unconscious.

"Why are you doing this, Healing Man? All I want is the girl" the woman purred as she took a step forward towards Mae and me.

"Stay back!" He shouted as his thumb hovered over the button. The woman looked away from Mae and me and scowled at the Doctor.

“What can that little silver stick do to me?” she was getting cocky. I was standing next to the Doctor by this time. The Doctor started to pace in front of me.

“Oh this little silver stick can do many this. It can open door, scan electronics, living things, non-living things, and weld barbwire together, but it does not work on wood. But there is one feature I like” he smiled like he was the smartest man in the world and that he was one step ahead of her.

“Yes and what is that?” she laughed at what she thought was a useless weapon, and by this point, I was thinking that too.

“It’s sonic” he pointed the tool in the air and tip lit up light blue. A high pitched whirring sound came from the device which caused the woman to double over in pain and the lights to spark. Amazed and surprised, I looked at the Doctor and he was pocketing the device. He quickly picked my friend up in a bridal fashion and said, “Run!”

Following him and his command, we ran out the door and down the street. Even though I live in the city, the sidewalks are not always busy but today were one of those days where everyone in Minnesota decided to come to Minneapolis. I could hear people telling us to watch it as we ran into them or asked if Mae was alright. I almost lost the Doctor a couple times in the crowd but luckily, he’s a tall man and the only one not wearing a thick coat.

“This way!” he called to me as he turned a corner into an alleyway. The first thing I saw when I joined him was the big blue box in the middle of the alley. Before I could do anything, I doubled over and started coughing. The cold air can get to you sometimes.

“What’s a ‘Police Public Phone Box’?” I asked reading the white words above the doors.

“They were used back in the 60’s in England! Now, get in!” he commanded as he stepped inside. Hesitating, I inched my way towards the box. How did it fit both him and Mae? I pushed the wooden blue door open with a gloved hand and nearly fell over there. A large room was stuck in a small box. Dimly lit circles covered the walls while a console with wires and buttons and levers sat in the middle of the room.

“Close the door, you’re going to let the heat out and the Syren in!” he shouted from 20 feet away.

“It’s…it’s…” I couldn’t form the right words.

“Bigger on the inside! You can marvel over it later, now get in!” he grabbed my right hand, pulled me in, and locked the door behind me.

“What is this place?” I asked as I hung my coat on one of the railings.

“Time And Relative Dimension In Space or TARDIS for short” the Doctor explained as slowly waved his silver device over an unconscious Mae.

“What are you doing to her?” I asked, fear rising in my voice.

“Nothing to worry about, I just scanning her to see how bad she is” he explained, not taking his eyes off my friend.

“Doctor…who are you?” I asked as I stared at him. His silver weapon turned off and he looked at me. He sighed and pocketed his tool.