at the icecream shop she picked, a place called amour and cremé glaceé , they slid into a booth at the end of the parlour and sat opposite each other. johnny had ordered a scoop of strawberry, vanilla and chocolate, and kenzie had gone with two scoops of caramel.

they sat and talked, conversation flowing easily between them. mackenzie leaned back and under the table, stretched her feet out to lie on the opposing seat. soon enough, johnny did the same.

"you look cute in my jersey." he said when conversation fell silent.

"you know, you are so superficial." mackenzie raised an eyebrow with a smile.

"oh really? why?" johnny asked.

"you literally flatter me 25/8."

"well firstly, you like the attention and we both know it, and secondly, i like you for other reasons too you know." he was amused.

"like what?"

"well i'm assuming you're good at sex..."

"johnny orlando!" mackenzie chastised, shocked.

he laughed loudly. "i'm joking."

mackenzie raised an eyebrow at him and he cracked up laughing. "okay, there was some truth to that." she grinned, digging for attention again. "so what do you like about me, hmm?"

"well," he dug his spoon into her icecream from across the table and swallowed it, "you can take a joke, for one. like what i just did when i took your icecream. you didn't even complain."

she snickered. "go on."

"you're good at flirting. for example, you've been purposely sucking your icecream seductively off that spoon and it's really starting to make me frustrated."

mackenzie tipped her head back and laughed loudly. "i was wondering if you'd noticed."

"yeah, well, i did, and it's hot. but moving on, third reason, you're easy to talk to. like, really easy. i don't even think i've known you for two weeks, we met online, this is our first meet up in person and i feel like i've known you for months."

"so to recap," mackenzie smiled radiantly, dragging out her words, "you like me because a) i look good, b) i can take a joke, c) i'm good at flirting and d) i'm easy to talk to."

"spot on." he pointed his ice cream spoon at her. "is that good enough for you?"

"oh yeah, i'm happy with that."

"great." he dug his spoon into her icecream again and took a decent chunk out of it, grinning cheekily. "now tell me why you like me."

"oh, easy. same reasons as you, pretty much. you're hot, you make me laugh, you tease me all the time, and you're easy to talk to. plus, you don't leave me on read. that means you're a keeper."

johnny grinned. "i think, we're meant to be together."

"oh yeah?"

"100%, look at us. we're both sluts."

"you did not just call me a slut."

"oh i did. dude, you've said it yourself. you know you are."

mackenzie raised an eyebrow, trying to deny the friendly accusation.

"okay then kenzie, how many boys have you fucked?"

mackenzie was immediately red and she looked away. "uhhh." her voice trailed off and she tried to think of a way to avoid the question.

johnny grinned. "exactly."