16

I could clearly hear the sound of shoes chasing after me but I chose to ignore them and continued down the street to where my car was parked. I was already going to be late for work and had no time to deal with Harry and his little games. I made it to my car, thinking I was in the clear when I felt a hand grab my elbow, turning me around. I expected to see Harry but was surprised when I saw his friend, the blonde one from the restaurant.

Shit, what was his name? Nathan? Neil?

"It's Charlotte, right?" His Irish accent was pleasant and something I didn't hear often.

"It's Charlie."

"Harry calls you Charlotte."

"Yeah well-"

"I just wanted to say hi. I was in the bookstore when I saw you rush out of the diner." He informed me. Little did he know, I didn't care.

"That's nice." I was too focused on getting in my car and getting to work on time. I didn't feel like -or have the time to- small talk with this guy.

"Harry tells me you have a kid?"

"Yep"

"How old is she?"

"I'm not comfortable giving out that-"

"I have a nephew, his name is Theo. He's four. I'm suppose to be watching him tomorrow but I'm nervous as hell. I've never watched the kid alone but I couldn't leave my brother hanging so I told them I'd watch him." He went on about how he didn't know anything about watching a toddler and was scared that he would end up dead by the end of the night.

"Wait," I held my hand up, silencing him. "You want me to come over and help watch him?"

"Not help, just be there in case anything happens. Bring your daughter, they can play. It can be a play date."

"No offense, but I don't know you. You could be some crazy, psychopathic killer who lures women in by telling them some story about your nephew." Does he seriously think I would just come over to his place without even knowing him? He could he the murder for all I knew.

"You know Harry, and Harry knows me. We basically know each other. Harry trusts me enough to-" he stopped mid-sentence.

"To what?"

"He trusts me, that's it. So you should."

"Harry trusting you means nothing to me."

"Don't you trust him though? Aren't you two...together?" He asked.

"What? No. Hell to the no, we are not even close to being together. We aren't even friends."

Me and Harry. Together. I couldn't bring myself to even think of that. Yes he's the most beautiful person I've ever seen in my entire life but his heart is non-existent and he isn't capable of love or even like.

"Oh, it seemed like it. He's always running off, says he's meeting up with you."

"We've only seen each other like, five times, not even that." I assured him.

"Okay, no need to get snappy." He held his hands up in defense.

Snappy? Was I being snappy?

"Well, as fun as this was, I have to go. I'm going to be late to work. It was nice seeing you again Neil." I turned around and sat in the drivers seat. The clock showed it was already five p.m. I was so late.

"It's Niall." He corrected "So is that a yes?"

"A yes?"

"To helping me?" Oh yeah.