3

after we bought our things we made a b-line for the exit. "Y/N what wrong, what are you so afraid of" you continue to pace just trying to get away, searching the area for cultists. "Y/N!" Chloe finally shouted making you flinch. you face her and breath, realising you're acting strangely. "in the store I saw Jacob Seed and I think the cult is gonna try to take me" you said with fear and tears rising in your eyes. "oh shit" Chloe replied both having a moment or realisation. "what are you gonna do?" Chloe questioned. you took a minute to think ' ok, maybe I'm over exaggerating, these people are crazy, if I just act normal they will forget about me, they want me to act out ' you thought to yourself for what seemed like hours "we just head to class and pretend this morning didn't exist.

Chloe gave you a look of confusion but agreed and you both started to walk to college. when you arrived back you saw that all the cults vehicles had left the parking lot. this sent a wave of peace through your body. you both stepped through the front door and chose to go on with your lives.

********************************Time Skip 6 Hours*********************************

you are clicking your pen eagerly for the final bell to sound, it was 4:29 and the lesson were almost over. your friends had already left but you had to stay for 6th period. the bell rang out for the final time that day and students jumped to their feet. you exited the classroom last as usual and pulled out your phone. you scroll through your contacts to call David and the phone rings "Hello!, this is David, I can't answer the phone right now so just leave me a message"

' For fuck sake, again?' he would always do this, end up drinking too much too early and turn his phone off. ' guess I better start walking '. you left school and began the walk home which you had done before but never liked.

you were listening to music when you heard the sound of a car pull up close to you through your earphones. you take one out and look to see Jacob in a truck.

"We meet again" he starts "you know I think you might be following me" you replied sarcastically with instant regret. "maybe I am? I could throw you in here right now and nobody would know" he said gesturing to the back of the truck. you give him a scared look but he speaks again "look, I'm not good at talking to people but you want a ride or not?". you look at the car, then the road, then at Jacob and think for a second. for some reason, something about him makes you feel relaxed and safe and almost without thought you reach for the door.

you throw your bag to your feet and sit down in the passenger seat. "so, where we heading?". you look at him "just Falls End please". he nods and starts to drive, "your names Y/N, right?" you give a simple nod as your answer and Jacob catches on. "Are you scared of me?" he asks certain of himself. "No!" you reply while sitting up in your seat. Jacob lets out a low laugh at you "wow, people are usually scared of me but you are really shitting yourself over there". he was right, all the memories came back about how they might take me, this would be a perfect time. but I would never admit defeat, not to him.

the rest of the ride was silent with tension filling the air and you couldn't stand it so you tried to make small talk considering Falls End was still a good 20 mins away "Were you in the military?" you ask politely referring to his jacket. Jacob is taken off by the question as he wasn't expecting you to speak. "yeah, I was in Iraq during the first gulf war. Eighty-second airborne. All-Americans. Hoo-rah" he said with a slight giggle as he looked over at you. "what was it like, being at war and all". Jacob went silent for a while before replying "I don't wanna talk about it", you noticed his eyes go puffy before he sniffed and resumed driving. "oh Jacob, I'm sorry I didn't mean to ..." "just shut up kid" he replied. why did you apologise, this man is a criminal, if anything you should feel good that you got to him. but you didn't, you felt sympathy.

soon enough you arrived at Falls End and you hopped out of the car. "Thanks, I guess" you say as you grab your bag and close the door. "don't worry about it just don't be late next time" he said with a smile. it was strange to see him smile like that, usually, he seemed very serious and almost pissed off during the assemblies at school.

you waved him off and turned to open the door searching for your keys ' Jacob Seed hmm, the cult leaders brother just drove me home and I'm still in one piece, I was so stupid but he was kinda cute I guess' you stop yourself then, almost questioning your own thoughts. you open the door to see your mother is back from work at the bar and sat watching TV. "you have a nice day at school Y/N?" she asks, "yeah it was fine". "I heard Eden's Gate came, is everyone ok?" she asks nervously "yeah, its fine mom don't worry about it" you reply "well ok then, I'm making dinner later, some spaghetti if you want some?" she asks "yeah sure" you reply and walk upstairs to your room and close the door. you fall into your bed. "what the fuck was today?" you said out loud.

Jacob's POV

After I dropped Y/N off I've been thinking about him. at first, he was scared of me but that was to be expected when he asked me about my past as a soldier and I almost couldn't contain myself. I would never show weakness to a fucking kid. but he is brave and I like that, nobody has ever asked me that question before, about my past, kids got balls I'll give it to em.

it's strange having people talk to me like that, like... a human being. usually, I get screams and pleases, but it felt good to have a conversation with him he was so nice and felt genuine. as Jacob thought about Y/N more he realised he was feeling something strange, something he never felt before. all Jacob wanted was to pick Y/N up again and just spend more time with him. he stopped his train of thought and caught himself. ' What are you thinking Jacob, this is a kid, he is 17 you can't be feeling in love'. those thoughts made him sick... 'love'