𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖆 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖈𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖞 𝖔𝖋 𝖜𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖘

Start from the beginning

"Bought any more mirrors to stare at yourself with, Blaise?" The curly-haired witch rebutted, crossing her arms and cocking a brow right after she'd closed the compartment door behind her. "Oh, look how charming I am." The teen lowered her voice in an attempt to mimic Blaise as she threw herself onto the cushioned seat.

"Well, aren't we a rain of sunshine today." Alexandra finally spoke, a snicker escaping her lips as she made herself comfortable by crossing one leg on top of the other.

"Well, blame Gamp and Parkinson for that." Freya didn't need to add much, for just the mention of the two Slytherins caused each one of them to groan out loud. "They have the uncanny ability to turn your mood upside-down within seconds."

"Tell me about it." Blaise huffed from beside Alexandra.

The blonde patted the dark-skinned boy's shoulder before letting her eyes drift onto the fields the train was passing by. A faint smile made its way onto her lips, for she couldn't wait to arrive at the place she considered her third home.

She must have zoned out, something she'd grown used to during the summer, for her head whipped to the side as soon as she felt someone poking at her arm, her eyes zeroing onto the culprit who simply shrugged before pocketing her wand.

"Daydreaming about someone in particular?" Freya teased and wiggled her brows. "Like a certain red-h –"

"I wasn't thinking about Fred Weasley!" Alexandra snapped.

"Funny. I didn't hear Freya mention his name." Blaise chimed in, a charming yet amused smile on his lips as he stared at Alexandra. Somehow, while the blonde had gotten lost in thought, the boy had decided to sit sideways, his legs stretched onto the fabric of the seat and feet casually on top of Alexandra's legs. "Or any name, for the matter."

The blonde girl could feel her cheeks getting more flushed by the second, yet her friends' amusement had yet to die down.

"It's interesting how the moment I mentioned someone with red hair, the first person who came to your mind was dear Freddie." Freya kept on teasing by mentioning the red-head's name in a dreamy tone.

"I didn't – you know what, you two are absurd." Alexandra huffed while silently chiding herself for her reaction.

She didn't have feelings for Fred Weasley. She'd be a fool to. After all, the boy had a flock of admirers and she was just – her. She was a walking reminder of a Dark Wizard whose action had brought many to their early graves.

No one would have ever fallen for someone like her, for a girl whose blood was tainted from birth. To let herself think otherwise, to actually fall in love – that would have been a recipe for disaster, something that was bound to get her heart broken in the process.

The rest of the ride to Hogwarts was spent bickering and laughing.

While Alexandra might have behaved in a rather carefree manner, something she only allowed herself to do when among those she truly trusted, the last words the person in her dreams spoke to her sparked a sense of dread the closer the train came to their destination, one the blonde found progressively harder to suppress.

"This year is going to mark the beginning of it all."

🙤 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 🙦