"You want to marry Evie?" My father had said to him in my his study the day after Mike had proposed.

"Yes sir."

My mother was already shaking with excitement beside me, squeezing my left hand and bringing the ring up to her face every so often for closer inspection.

"And if I say no?"

I rolled my eyes because there was absolutely no reason for him to say no. If he'd had a problem with Mike he would have demanded I wouldn't see him years ago. Dad was just being annoying for the fun of it.

Michael glanced at me and cleared his throat. "Well, with all due respect Mr. O'Shea I would still marry her. I love your daughter and of course I would appreciate your blessing but it won't stop me."

"Is that so?"

"Oh Arthur stop messing with them." My mom interjected.

Dad's lips twitched before he broke out into a brilliant grin. "Oh, alright. Of course you have my blessing, son. You've been part of the family for years now." And just like that he grabbed Michael into a huge hug.

It was as simple as that.

Michael's green eyes sparkled as I met him by the patio doors. "You look gorgeous, Evie."

I looked down at myself and then raised a brow. "Really? Even like this?"

"Even like this, Dimples." His lips brushed against my cheek. "Ready?"

I glanced out through the doors at the rows of chairs and the figure waiting at the altar. My parents, Amy's parents, even Chelsea's were out there waiting. Our family. And our adopted family. From the third row I noticed Celia's eyes glaring backwards obviously trying to catch a glimpse of the bride.

"I'm ready." I grinned.

Walking down the aisle, I felt the eyes on both Michael and I. Guess now I understand why Amy was so nervous. Plus it'll be ten times worse when it's actually my wedding. I sent a wink to my mom and dad before taking my place at the altar. John grinned at me excitedly and I lightly laughed.

After everyone took their place, Amy started down the aisle with her father by her side. I'm sure the photographs taken of John's face when he saw Amy were priceless. He looked like a man so in love it would take a nuclear explosion to tear his eyes away from her.

The ceremony was perfect, beautiful. I was so happy for the two of them. Amelia was in the arms of her grandmother - within the watchful eye of Celia beside her in case she goes in for a bite. Christian and his sister sat near the middle smiling away and I was glad the two of them stuck around. Then again they both have reasons to now.

The reverend announced for John to kiss the bride and Amy blushed like a tomato when John grabbed her and dipped her for a dramatic smooch on the lips. The certificates were signed, the pictures were taken by the large fountain out front and then the reception began.

**

Every woman I could see was watching Amy and John share their first dance to So Gone by John Legend with dreamy smiles. Michael's thumb brushed back and forth over my hand and I smiled for a completely different reason. We move on, Mike had said all those months ago in IHOP. That was exactly what we were all doing. Moving on.

As the dance floor started to fill, there was a light tap on my shoulder. I smiled up at Amy's cousin Matthew Callahan. "Hey Evie,"

"Hey!" I stood and we hugged. "How are you?"

"I'm good thanks, it's good to see you. How are you doing? You're positively glowing, congratulations."

"Oh," I blushed. "Thank you. I'm doing well thank you. Happy for Ames?"