Legolas (Request)-Bonding

You lived in the wood of Mirkwood for a very long time, protecting the passers-by as well as small woodland creatures from any harm. How? You were a witch. Not many knew about you, for you told the Council that you didn't want to be apart of their entourage of wizardry. You didn't want to be known as a color. You were a human being.

For some reason, you had a deeper connection to the earth than other wizards. All wizards respect the natural balance of nature, or like your good friend Radagast, dwell within the earth to become one with it. But you, you were closer to it. When you walked, you could feel the vibration of the earth and its movements, feeling the twitch of a raindrop falling onto a flower petal, feeling the footsteps of the smallest creature.

To harness this, and to not let it overrun your senses, you meditate.

In, out. In, out. Rinse and repeat.

Breathing lowly, you sat Indian style on an old stump, mind wandering to thoughts you wouldn't remember, letting go of stress. Your hair lay against your back (you got long hair mkay?), swaying in the wind as a light breeze blew by.

How you weren't pulled out of your meditation, you didn't know. A lone elf stood behind you, carefully weaving your hair in an elaborate braid with flowers intertwined.

Legolas smiled softly, grabbing another flower out of his pouch to lace it in your hair. He had been doing this for months, he's surprised that you haven't done anything to stop him.

Let me let you in on a secret, Dwarves aren't the only ones who use braiding as a sign of courtship and honor.

You had made it obvious, years ago when an elf from the north stumbled upon your cottage slightly off the path he had become infatuated with the thought of having a powerful wizard as a life partner, then you swore an oath that no elf shall ever touch your hair unless their intentions were true of malicious intent like the young elf.

Which leads you to now.

You were sitting there for well over an hour, staring at your reflection in a small pond. When you rose from your meditative state, you were refreshed but when you moved, you noticed your hair felt heavy. (E/C) eyes dodged back and forth from the two big braids on each side of your head, decorated in vibrant (f/c) flowers.

Why were you so confused? From the incident with the young elf, you placed a spell on your body. No one with the intent of touching your hair the way he was, can take hold of you.

This spell was pretty convenient for when you were getting attacked by orcs or spiders, they couldn't touch you. But now? You were conflicted. Someone had been sneaking up on you in the wild with the intent of touching your silky (h/c) locks.

Glaring at your reflection you hatched a plan while you removed every flower from your hair.

.

.

.

.

.

Legolas sighed happily as he thought of you meditating in the woods. His soft smile of serenity turned to a frown as he adjusted his bow and arrows. You and Legolas were quite close once upon a time, to the point that you let him be with you while you meditate.

For a witch, meditation was like a courting braid.

Staring down at the pouch at his side, Legolas shook his head and continued walking along the path.

You see, the day that the elf from the north tried to force you to court him, Legolas was going to ask you for permission to court you. Weeks following up to the event, you and he got closer and closer to the point where you almost kissed in the library while studying the history of magic together.

But then he woke up to the news that you had fled the vast Elvish kingdom because of a foolish elf that wanted to abuse the power of the nature-loving witch.

That's why he was coming to your meditation sessions every day, he wanted to try and leave a piece of what could've been. To remind you that he was still waiting for you.

Legolas' heart began to ache as he thought of you taking out the flowers angrily. After all, elves will only love one person as a significant other in their entire life. You just happened to fall into that category for a platinum blonde elf prince.

The next day you decided to execute your plan. You were going to pretend to meditate and wait for the fool that decided to disrupt your peace with a tradition you loathed.

Sitting in your usual cross-legged position on your stump, you held your hands in fists together, leaning your head down so no one could see that your eyes were wide open and alert.

The sounds of crunching leaves caught your attention as you struggled not to look up to the disrupter of peace.

Legolas sighed and pulled out several of your favorite flowers, ranging in tones of blue to fiery reds. "I don't know why I try to do this... She doesn't remember me.." Legolas mumbled quietly, trying to not disturb you as he began to carefully brush your hair free of tangles.

Furrowing your brows, you forced your body to stay relaxed as you tried to place the voice. "(Nickname), what could I have done to make you stay..." Legolas' voice turned to sadness as you felt your hair beginning to be woven into a braid.

(Nickname)... Your eyes opened wide as it suddenly clicked in your brain. "Legolas?!" You said abruptly, shooting your head up and around.

Legolas jumped and dropped your hair, feeling like a child being caught with their hand in the cookie jar. "(Name)? I-I-I... What're you doing awake!?" Legolas tried to think of an excuse on the spot as you crawled off the stump.

"So it was you, coming to me all this time and putting these-" You stopped, pulling a flower from his grasp "-In my hair?" You questioned softly, anger fading as previous feelings of affection rose back into the light.

"My apologies...I won't disturb your meditation anymore." Legolas clenched his jaw as he looked away in sadness, beginning to pack up his things.

"Legolas, wait." You called, grabbing his sleeve. He looked back at you, blue eyes glowing in the hope he tried to hide. (And failed)

Giving a soft smile you sat down on the soft grass and pulled him with you. "I've missed you," you said softly, fumbling with your (f/c) tunic sleeves before giving him another smile.

Legolas didn't know what to think, he thought you would've thrown every defensive spell you knew to get him out of your sight since you didn't seem too fond of male elves anymore.

Sinking to the ground next to you, he watched as you handed him back his brush and turned around to settle into your meditation position.

Seeing his hesitation you looked at him over your shoulder. "Well? Are we going to do this like the good old days or are you going to just stare at my back for hours?" You teased as he began to brush.

Meditation courting and the traditional courting braids. Brought together after much time being torn apart.

Note: Legolas seems so OC in this, I am SO SORRY