"No," Jennie barely heard the negative comment. She leaned forward as Ms. Kim began to speak once again.

"Mr. Shin's creative writing class grew. During the first meeting, he had to give up his planning period to add in another class. My students transferred, Jennie."

"But we aren't allowed to switch teachers?" Jennie furrowed her brows, wondering how the hell they would have done that. As far as she knew, the rules were still intact.

"Oh, Jennie . They have their ways. Mr. Bae is a pushover and when students come to him demanding they get a different teacher because they don't want to fail, well..." She chuckled darkly.

"Fuck," she mumbled.

"Language, Miss Kim, or have you forgotten that you're speaking with a teacher?" Ms. Kim quirked a brow, but the menace seemed to have dissipated from it.

"Sorry..."

"It's quite alright. I must apologize for telling you this. I shouldn't pour my grievances on my students." She offered a tight, plastic smile before going back to her grilled cheese, making a mild look of distaste when she had found it cold.

Jennie had long finished her own sandwich, so instead, she just watched Ms. Kim, thoughts running through her mind. What the hell did the people in this school take her for? They were so disrespectful, especially if they allowed a minor schedule change just to switch teachers because they were too scared of a little challenge. The teachers around this place didn't seem so enthused to come to her defense, either. Jennie wasn't too certain on those thoughts, though, since she didn't know exactly everything. But by what she conceived, she expected that they only came to Ms. Kim with their own grievance of not having enough room in their classes because of transfers and blame it all on her for being a horrible teacher.

Jennie, of course, being herself and having this pull towards the woman, didn't see how she was such a horrible teacher and, in fact, she was the best one that she had. The woman can, sure, be a hardass in the classroom at times, but she was just doing her job when she graded assignments. It wasn't her fault that the incompetents taking her class didn't know how to properly write or were too lazy to revise their papers before turning them in.

"It's fine, honestly." Jennie shrugged and played with a blonde lock that fell in front of her face.

"It's not, Jennie. I've just..." Ms. Kim furrowed those perfectly sculpted eyebrows. "I've never opened up so much before to someone. I... I suppose it's just because I haven't spoken with someone for more than five minutes."

"I understand what you mean, actually." Jennie confided carefully. "I was like that with very few people. One time, I was really young, so I didn't really understand that some things should just be left unsaid- I mean, I'm not telling you to not say anything, but... But, uh, yeah... I understand how you feel. Sometimes there's just someone that you can click with. That happened with Lisa and Chaeyoung when I first met them. It took awhile, actually. Well, not too long... I just mean, that... you know, you can just click and it becomes easy to talk with someone after knowing that they could be a potential good friend. I thought that you'd have more friends? I mean... Usually teachers are friends with each other being coworkers and all."

"Barely," Ms. Kim chuckled and shook her head, then paused. "I probably shouldn't be telling you this, but you're just so easy to talk to."

"I know. I mean, I don't know, but I do."

"What the hell are you talking about, Ms. Kim?"

Jennie smirked and shook her head, completely losing her train of thought now. "I know how you feel, that it's just so easy to talk, because that's how I feel with you. Maybe it's because I'm afraid of losing my friends and I just don't want to talk about the deep, personal stuff that I usually don't ship out for free. It's... it's not that I don't care what you think of me- because I do. I really do... And... Oh, god, I probably shouldn't have said that."