The unbearable dose of hurt

Chapter 15

 The unbearable dose of hurt….

******************************************************************************

(Jade's POV)

“Jade how long are you planning to avoid him? You have to see him at some point. And besides you have to go in your room right?” Chris asked me for the millionth time tonight.

We were sat at the foot of the couch in the living room comfortably watching ‘twilight’. I know cliché. Even though it was a girly movie and I totally expected Chris to flip out when I choose this movie but all he did was laugh really hard and said that he was in mood for a good comedy. Chris would point out every single flaw in the movie and laugh about it for solid ten minutes. At some point, even I joined him. What can I say, Chris’s laugh was highly contagious.

“Until I die. And besides, it’s not my room. Its Dylan's room.” I corrected him bitchily and turned back to the movie. Chris sighed and the TV switched off.

“Hey! That was a really good part of the movie. Why can’t you let me watch the movie in peace?” I moaned loudly and shoved my face with a fistful of popcorns. Chris looked at me as if is I was the dumbest person on earth.

“Credits were your favorite part of the movie?” he asked flatly. I choked on my popcorn loudly and glared at him. He was still waiting for my answer.

“Well yeah. I mean the credits are far more interesting than the movie.” I said as a matter of fact. Chris expression changed from flat to amusement and he grinned.

“You totally got that right. Why did you even choose that movie in the first place if you find it boring?” I frowned and let out a loud sigh. I guess I had to tell him the real reason why I choose that movie.

“I wanted to make fun of vampires, one vampire in particular.” I mumbled. Chris laughed loudly and stood up. I stared at him from the ground, wondering why he wasn’t offended by my comment but choose to stay quiet. He yanked me off the ground by grabbing me waist and started walking.

“Where are we going?” I asked cautiously. He cleared his throat and grinned at me.

“Just watch.” With that he turned towards the corridor where Dylan's room was. As soon as I saw his room turned around mid stride and started to run back all the way we came from. I choked slightly when Chris grabbed the collar of the shirt from behind and pulled me. When he saw that I was choking, he loosened his grip on my collar and grabbed me from my waist, raising me off the ground. I thrashed around and screamed profanities at him but he merely laughed and proceeded towards Dylan's room. I sighed defeated and hung limp in his arms.

Abruptly he stopped moving forward. I turned to look at him and saw that his expression was that of horror. I stared at him with worry.

“Chris what’s wrong? What happened?” I shook him and got out of his grip. He gulped loudly and stared at me with horrified. My eyes narrowed at him.

“Y-you know what, you’re right Jade. L-lets go back and watch another movie. I’ll show you to another room kay?” he quickly composed himself and said nervously. Something really fishy was going on here. I nodded at him and he grabbed my hand and pulled me with him. I took him by surprise when I slipped my hand from him and ran towards Dylan's room.

“JADE NO DON’T!!” Chris screamed behind me when I grabbed the door knob. I wanted to find out why Chris was worried and I had a feeling it was something related to Dylan. I yanked to door open and stepped inside. My breath left my lungs and my body went numb at the sight before me. I could feel my body frozen and shutting down. Its felt as if someone just drove a stake through my heart, pun intended.  A hand was placed over my eyes and Chris tugged my out of the room. I followed his steps numbly.