[2] Sparring game

Chapter Two

-Jaime’s POV

Annoying!

He is so annoying! I mentally screamed as I stomped my foot and slammed my hands on the wooden floor like a spoiled rich brat right after my opponent cheated on me. He cheated alright! Because there is no fucking way I would lose to someone who looks like he just came out of a magazine.

“Need any help standing up? I never meant to damage your inflated ego that you literally can’t detach yourself away from the floor.” He offered his hand as a smirked played across his face.

I gave him a glare that I knew scared the pants out of guys. But he just continued smirking as if he didn’t care that I’m sending all of this hate energy towards him. If I knew better, he was entertained by it!

“You bastard.” I snarled as I slapped his hands away and I stumbled to get up.

I could hear him snort as I stumbled and I just wanted to kill the guy. How dare he make fun of me?

I huffed and straightened my body with all the grace I have learned from an etiquette class I was forced to attend to. I smiled coldly towards the guy and looked straight at Andrew. “I don’t want him as my protector.”

Andrew stared at me and sighed. I knew he was going to say something to make me say yes. And I knew he was ready to pull off another ‘I-promised-the-Wade-family-that-I-will-protect-you’ speech. But I was not in the mood anymore. I was not in the mood in the first place.

Before Andrew could speak, I quickly started. “So he might as well get his ass out of this room. Better yet, out of this property.”

The room became silent as I tried to control my growing temper. I clenched and unclenched my hands, waiting for Andrew to nod his head. I tend to get my way every time this happens but I quickly saw that Andrew was struggling not to say yes to my order.

“You sure have a temper, lady.”

My spine stiffened as I heard the bastard’s voice. How dare he! I tried to turn to look at him and give him some piece of my ass-kicking response when I felt his fingers clasped both my shoulders. He started pressing his fingers and working its magic on the knots I never knew was even there. Damn, his fingers were massaging me and really knew what they were doing! Instead of my temper igniting the way it should be, I found myself leaning on him for support.

“I know you hate the idea of having someone to protect you…” I could hear him start. “But you’re turning twenty-one. Very crucial for a kid like you…”

Kid? I was not a kid anymore. I was about to retort when he added pressure towards my blades and I let out a soft moan of pleasure. He was good at this—what was I going to say again?

“By the time you’re twenty-one, you’ll have full access to your family’s wealth and business. You’re net worth will practically skyrocket and to be honest, you’ll be targeted for that…”

Skyrocket… worth… targeted… what was he saying?

“…And when that comes, you need someone to protect you. And since we’ve clearly seen how lousy you fight, being by yourself is out of the question.”

I moaned once again as he hit another spot. Was it my imagination but was he criticizing me?

“So I’m here to protect you, Jaime. I won’t let anyone touch you and I surely won’t let anything happen to you… And since I’ve already beaten you up and proven to you that I’m a stronger man compared to what you call yourself… you’ll need me.”