2.48 Dreams of The Pasts (2)

Start from the beginning

A deafening rumble, a guttural sound of an angry beast, permeated throughout the sky. She saw a serpent, a dragon with sharp talons and golden eyes, and a familiar figure obscured by the grey thunderous clouds.

It was Lei.

"Lei!!" Ming called out, her voice drowned and hardly intelligible amidst the chaos, "Calm yourself. You are no longer the human that had been murdered by his mother, you are the heavenly deity! You are Tian Lei!!"

A figure of another man soon flew by, accompanied by Bian. Bian worriedly said towards the man,

"Eldest brother... . Lei seemed to have carried his grief from his past incarnation. He hasn't realized that he's already back in heaven."

The person Bian addressed as eldest brother was wearing a robe of gold and purple. A crown embedded with nine white pearls adorned his hair, creating a kingly presence. However, his gaze was apprehensive as well as he pursed his lips,

"I can restrain him back with my power, but that might cause damage to his currently unstable soul... . It would also render me powerless for who-knows how long. Lei's power is the closest to mine and he could very well create a permanent injury to my own soul if he wanted to."

The little spirit understood little of what was being exchanged by those beautiful deities, but she only knew one thing for certain: her own deity was in peril.

She wondered if she could soothe him as usual? If she just bloomed for him, surely he would gently caress her again and forget his grief? She did not want him to injure himself, she did not want that kingly looking deity to hurt her Lei.

The white tree bloomed, sending her white petals towards the sky.

The flurry of whiteness surrounded the grey sky, she willed her own spirit – usually earthbound – to fly along with the flowers.

If only she was not an insignificant little spirit without a form, she could reach out to him, she could touch him.

Unbeknownst to her, the deities below watched with gaped mouths. In the midst of white and grey, a small humanoid form fluttered towards Lei and the dragon. A female form, looking as fragile and pure as the white flowers surrounding her. The initially raging sky deity stiffened, as a semblance of realization hit his mind when he saw the flowers. He involuntarily stretched out his hand, wanting to accept that reaching little figure into his arms. The bolts of lightning surrounding him began to ease up, sending a relieved sigh running through the spectators below.

However, one of the currents that strayed because of the sky deity's mindless state, made its path to the ground. With speed invisible to the naked eye, it struck the body of the blooming white tree, by the endless water.

The little spirit felt pain unlike any other. It was more painful than when she was poisoned, or when she was stricken by arrows.

Her newly formed limbs flailed, as if wanting to reach out for her anchor.

Her last sight and her last memory as the spirit, was Lei and his anguished expression as he lunged towards her. Before she dispersed along with the charred white flowers, she felt comfortable warmth engulfing her, as if she was back in his arms.

 Before she dispersed along with the charred white flowers, she felt comfortable warmth engulfing her, as if she was back in his arms