2.41 If 'You and I' Were Enough

Start from the beginning

It was also perhaps, because there was something 'wrong' with her own Dantians ever since she lost her virginity to Zuo ZhouLei. Regardless, she had no regret.

But somehow, that feeling came back.

What would one do when one had too much time on hand, only focusing on indulging in the happiness bestowed by her beloved's presence? Although Ji YuLan and Zuo ZhouLei spent almost every waking moment together, they still had to maintain their meditation separately. In such moments, YuLan felt it.

The 'sense' was faint at first, more like a soft nudge to her conscience. Then it got stronger, and she was capable of sensing more presences.

Xiao Zi, Cao Lu, Zhen Zhu, were amongst the first ones she felt. Then she started to sense Zhu Hong, Ju Huang, Hu Lan, and Xiang Ya. Then, she could even sense the old Sage that supposedly possessed the highest level of cultivation in Chun Ping Gu sect - Sage Wei Lan. In short,  she was able to sense the qi of everyone that she had grown up with and accustomed to at Ping sect.

Ever since she started sensing their qi, despite being so far away, YuLan initially thought she was hallucinating and attributed it to missing her friends and elders. However, at one point of time, right after she finished her meditation and stabilised her surging qi boost - an experience that was no longer novel ever since she started cultivated together with Zuo ZhouLei - she felt Zhen Zhu's qi fluctuated almost chaotically.

Then the same happened with her Shishu, and even her Shifu. She had fretted then, only the sight of Zuo ZhouLei in deep meditation, combined with the soon- stabilizing qi signatures of those people she had known since childhood - finally calmed her down somewhat.

She could not leave him, could not bear to leave him - the keeper of her heart. She knew if she did that, she would regret it for another lifetime.

One past lifetime of regret was more than enough.

-----------------

Zuo ZhouLei opened his eyes, softly exhaling the warm breath he had been holding upon reaching the end of his latest meditation session. Even without probing into it, he could feel his Dantians were flawless, the congregation of qi docilely gathered like tepid water - an unusual perfect mixture of his own familiar qi, as well as his Dao partner's cooler one.

He tilted his head subconsciously, a habit he had formed in the years they had been together, if only to feast his sight on the most beautiful existence in the world.

By his side, there was beautiful woman smiling back at him, as if greeting him after a short slumber that was his meditation. She was his treasure, a person that granted him more light than the summer sun, more mesmerizing and beautiful than the spring blooms, gave him more serenity than the white vastness of snow in winter, gave his heart coolness of autumn's shades.

Zuo ZhouLei took YuLan's hands into his palms, softly rubbing the soft unblemished skin.She was his most precious person that he must protect at all cost, for eternity. Or so he had always been telling himself. However lately, he had questioned his own mind.

Was only 'Zuo ZhouLei and Ji YuLan' enough? Was it alright to not think or care about anything else, or anyone? Should the two of them be the only one that matter to each other?

If only the two of them were enough.

But those qi signatures that he had been feeling, he had sensed, were not illusionary. He had started sensing them when he finally broke through from being a Martial-Artist to an Enlightened. He sensed Yu Mei and Ding Shun - his martial brother and sister from Wu Shan sect.