"Just having glanced at you years ago in Hui Lin sect, but a young boy, amidst the crowd of blue-robed young men. In my eyes, your tender face was the most striking of all, everyone else was but background paints. When you laid your eyes on me, I know I was born for you."

"Because I have left you so abruptly, I needed to find you again. You... can only be mine."

"We had a life together before this life, Lei. Can we have it again?"

YuLan stepped lightly on the ledge he was sitting at. The ledge was a half-moon shaped cave, formed long ago by the force of nature. The surface was flat and layered with soft green moss and was hardly visible, as it was partly hidden behind the waterfall. The dew caused by the mist emanated from the waterfall dampened his jet black hair, his robes were almost translucent, wet with vapor. YuLan's breath hitched as she immersed her sight with the perfect vision in front of her.

His lustrous soft gaze, his dark eyebrows as if they were a pair of blades, the sharp line of his jaw, the enticing pair of lips that had just mouthed a poetic sounding verse that was more beautiful than any love song YuLan had ever heard. In fact, anything that he said to her was one that would give Shakespeare a run for his money – at least so YuLan thought.

His dark long hair, dampened with droplets of water, falling gracefully down his shoulders, partly hiding his shoulder lines that were now visible behind his damp clothes.

Everything about him, ignited the fire in her heart.

He smiled at her and gently placed the guqin by his side. Then he stood and beckoned for her to come closer. YuLan let herself be pulled by the invisible strings, into the embrace of her one and only perfect man. They stood for a few moments, listening to the almost deafening sound of the waterfall, but to them, it was nature's blessing. In this part of the world, Daemons did not exist,

[Why would we need to be worried of worldly rules]

Sect rules did not exist; him being a Wu Shan sect's prodigy, a Royal Prince, did not matter; her being a pure Yin maiden was hardly relevant either.

[I'll accompany you forever.]

Only their promise remained to be upheld. And this moment, was their forever.

YuLan tightened her arms around his back, as she had that last bit of thought,

"This moment, is our forever. But I am greedy. I have always been greedy. Lei's time is limited. Lei's time... is not forever."

She was suddenly overwhelmed with anguish, that her body involuntarily shivered. Zuo ZhouLei noticed and he pulled away slightly, lifting her chin to clearly look into her eyes. If the space they were in was clearly lit by sunlight, YuLan was certain the man would be able to see the mist pooling in her own eyes. Fortunately, it was quite dark. Sunlight barely permeated through the water barrier to reach where they were standing at.

"YuLan... don't cry... ." A hoarse voice full of anxiety and agony, then he buried his head into the crease of her neck, his inhale of breath caused shivers to run down her spine. This time, the tremor was not from her sadness or the cold caused by the raging water.

"Damn it! He noticed!" YuLan quickly blinked her tears away. She embraced him tighter, lifting her head so he could hear her clearly.

["One day he would grow old physically, much older than you. Mortal death would come to him much faster"] – Shen Wei had said to her.

["Would your love still withstand such test of time?"]

She knew the answer to that.