2.37 Carrier of Malice

Start from the beginning

The Emperor did not spare a glance at the two maids, and went straight towards the woman, a tender smile on his face,

"Ying-er."

The woman's lips twitched slightly, but she gracefully put her hands on the Emperor's upturned palms. As the two of them exchanged pleasantries and looked every bit a loving couple, the woman laid her head on his shoulder, tracing her fingers on the dragon embroidery on his robe,

"JinLong," She whispered softly, with a touch of coy. She had learnt a lot during their time together. Zuo JinLong always saw someone else in her; along the way, she learnt how to speak, how to adjust her gestures and expressions to be the person he always tried to see in her.

She did not care though. The man was powerful, his Dantian was solid and his qi was a comfortable fire. As she adjusted to his wavelength, she could invade him easier.

It would just be a matter of time, Qing Lian was convinced of it. For one that was as powerful and greedy as Zuo JinLong, his 'want' must not be ordinary as well. Also taking into account that he was practically a stone's throw away from being a Sage, it was a given that liberating him would not be an easy task.

"You have always been a good woman, Ying-er" Zuo JinLong rasped, his hands already removing the red robes that were the barrier between him and what he was seeking for.

Soon, the woman in front of him stood bashfully, her dainty hands tried to cover her bosom and the porcelain nakedness of her skin. Zuo JinLong beckoned for her to get closer, and the woman knowingly removed his own robes.

Soon, he was whispering her name into her ears, as he made love to her, her skin feeling softer than the silk sheet underneath the both of them.

Qing Lian, in between her moans and her heart that was filled with raging comforting fire, no longer cared about Zuo Shan'er, or that the name she kept hearing coming out of Zuo JinLong's hot lips was never hers.

The maids had long gone; one of them – the one that bore a thin red line on her cheek, steadily made her way outside the Palace. Her initially vacant eyes turned expressive as her lips were pulled into a smile. She had just been given a gift from her Mistress from their initial meeting. The blessing inside of her had been strengthened, causing her to be able to spread it to as many people as she wished.

It might not be as potent as Zuo Shan'er's – after all, the Princess had been liberated for a long while and the blessing in her had been strengthened with the flow of time. Nevertheless, by liberating the young maid and ordering her to go out of the Palace, she knew that the Mistress wanted her to impede Zuo Shan'er from reaching the Imperial City.

-----------

The stronghold of Lingdi – the last major military town that protected the Imperial City – might as well be Daemons town. Shen Wei and Ao Xiang stood back to back with their heaving chests. Shen Wei had his 'Wei Feng' gripped tightly in his arms, while Ao Xiang concentrated in maintaining his Fire Phoenix.

Another soldier in armor – a Daemon that attacked with his claws instead of his saber – leapt towards Ao Xiang, and Shen Wei grimly cut the soldier's head off.

He had lost count of how many people he had killed. Most of them were soldiers, and knowing the military might of Zuo Dynasty, these men should have been Martial-Artists, or low levelled Enlighteneds. However, although he was himself an upper ranked Enlightened, he was not able to gauge those soldiers' cultivations. Combined with their limbs that were somehow longer and their claws as sharp as a shards of metal, Shen Wei and his friends had quickly realized that those soldiers had turned into Daemons.