Chapter 4

[Violet's POV]

This lesson, like many others, seemed to drag on forever. American History wasn't my strongest subject and it's pointless. Who cares about a bunch of dead people?

As the teacher drones on about ancient bullshit I glanced over at Clementine. Earlier she would take notes every now and then but even she seems bored at this point. She leaned to one side and rested her head on her hand slightly closing her eyes.

I guess my staring didn't go unnoticed as some people behind me started snickering so I turned around. It was Erin and Alex. Erin was the girl who I made fun of for having braces in freshmen year. Now she doesn't have braces and is some sort of 'popular girl' with loads of guys all over her. Alex was the prick she was dating. I never liked that guy.

"Got a problem you two?" I made it clear I was angry and wanted them to fuck off.

"You keep staring at the new girl. Obsessed much? Like you even have a chance with her. I'm straight and I could get more girls than you, dyke" Erin responded with the most annoyed smug face EVER.

"You fag. Why don't you just stop liking girls and be normal? Or at least stop hanging around that group of retards you call friends?" Alex decided to join in on the conversation, asshole.

"Oh, that was your first mistake. First of all that 'new girl' has a name, Clementine. Second, if you think that a homophobic straight bitch has a better chance at getting a girlfriend than me, think again. And finally, there's nothing wrong with being gay or lesbian or whatever. Those 'retards' I call friends are amazing people and you have no right to disrespect them" I flipped them both and turned back around to face the teacher. They were silent for the rest of the lesson.

Eventually it was time to pack up...eventually. I waited for everyone to leave the room so I wouldn't get caught in the crowd outside. Clem approached me looking as though she wanted to say something.

"What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?"

She slightly smiled at my comment and proceeded to talk.

"I heard what happened. Earlier with those two behind you. I just wanted to say thanks I guess and that it was cool to see you stand up for yourself"

"Uh...I mean yeah. It was nothing. Anyone can stand up for themselves. They just need the confidence to do it"

"Mhm. You're strong Violet"

And with that, she walked out the classroom. I didn't know what she meant by that. I walked outside to find her and Louis waiting for me.

"Took your time Vi. What was the hold up?"

I didn't know how to respond to that so I just kept quiet and headed to the exit knowing they were close behind me.

"So Clem, Me and Vi usually hang out after school and tend to spray paint old buildings. I dunno if that's your kinda thing but you're welcome to join us" I could hear Louis talk to Clementine behind me.

"I would but I still have a lot of stuff to sort out at home seeing as I just moved here"

"That's understandable. Well next time you're free just let us know. We can exchange numbers just to stay in contact" He responded.

I turned around to see them giving each other their numbers. She was probably going to be hanging out with us more so I guess I should get her number too.

After we'd gotten each others numbers me and Louis said goodbye to Clem and went to go and find some new places to tag.

Word Count: 626